Chapter 5

When I got back to the bar, Winter was laughing.

"I saw everything and despite not having heard anything, I could feel how pissed she was." She stated. "I hope you've confirmed that she likes you."

I didn't know, I needed a clear signal, maybe Venable saying to my face: "Hey, I like you", otherwise, I was not going to believe it. Her actions and words did not correspond to her feelings, if that was the case. It was so hard to believe that someone who never was nice to me liked me in that way.

"I don't know, she's so weird, there are a million reasons why she could have behaved like this." I replied.

Maybe someone was rude, maybe someone bumped into her or maybe someone handed her the wrong drink... not everything revolved around me, but because of me, she left when everything was just beginning. We could have had a nice time.

"You are very stupid!" She exclaimed. "You have it clear and still you doubt it?"

"Sorry... I'm going to take this as a small sign and we'll see how she behaves these days." I replied. "Shall we talk about something else?"

She nodded and smiled.

The night went on and Winter and I didn't drink much, we had Coke and talked about whatever came to our minds. I told her that I was going to start my work as a psychologist and she told me that her brother was a psychiatrist, and that he had been dealing with a crazy woman who had a lot of phobias... and starting from that topic we talked about what we were afraid of, I had a long list, but she wasn't afraid of many things, she was a though one.

It was very easy to start a conversation with her because she made every topic interesting. She told me a little about her life and I told her about mine, which had not been so interesting in the last year due to that routine that had me fed up.

"I see you met our friend." Jeff said, almost staggering as he approached us.

Was Jeff drunk? It was nothing new but normally it took him hours to get into that state... and I decided to check my phone.

2:43 a.m.?! Since when did time go by so fast?!

"Yes, she's amazing." Winter replied.

"Sorry, she's already reserved, for our dear Miss Venable... where is she, by the way? I swear I saw her coming here." He asked.

And I remembered the incident hours before... oh, fuck!

Winter was amazing but I could have spent that many hours with Venable if I hadn't screwed up.

"She left early." I explained nothing more to him.

"Well, we'll need your help on Monday, before you start work on Tuesday." He snapped. "We're going to fucking move! To a huge lot just for Kineros, we'll have guards and all that shit." He exclaimed, and started to cry.

WHAT THE HELL?!?! MY FRIENDS WERE GOING TO MOVE! Their company was going to occupy an entire piece of land and it was no longer going to be just another place in a Mall of the city! My boys made it! They became a big company! My heart exploded with pride!

"Baby... I've told you so many times but it makes me infinitely happy to see how far you've come." I walked over and hugged him, feeling my shoulder starting to get wet because he was sobbing with happiness.

It was so nice to see how my best friends had fulfilled their dreams, they deserved every one of the good things that were happening to them and they deserved even more.

"You guys should go rest. Thank you for coming." Jeff suggested, patting our shoulders, and left.

I looked around and most of the people had already left, I think about eight people were still there and most of them were drunk. But I needed to drive, and responsibly.