Chapter 16

May, 2017
(TW: Sexual content)

Life was perfect in every way, which seemed like a dream, or a desired reality that I believed could only exist in my mind.

It was noticeable, even my appearance, my aura, my energy, everything was in order, everyone could see that I was shining again, that I was actually happy again. And it was not necessary to say the name of the person to whom I owed all that.

Best of all, Wilhemina was the same as me, perhaps all she needed was to feel loved. The day she allowed me to see her back, words weren't needed, I already knew that more than a condition, it was the reason why many people made her feel less, and I knew that I was put in her way to change that, to let her know that something as banal as a condition did not detract from her value as a person, I tried to make it clear to her in every possible way and I succeeded.

From all the people whose life I have positively impacted, Wilhemina Venable was definitely my most precious achievement.

We spent Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year at her house, laughter was already common between us, as were anecdotes, kisses and nights of passion where she made me lose track of myself.

On December 31, 2016, at exactly 11:59:55 p.m., she asked me to be her girlfriend, it was 00:00:00 a.m. of January 1, 2017 when I said yes, and we kissed in the most passionate way two people could kiss. At 3:40 a.m., just when the annoying fireworks had stopped, it started to rain, so we danced under the rain and afterwards took a bath in the tub, where we made love for the third time in that place. We went to sleep at six in the morning, and eight hours later we woke up and prepared to procrastinate by watching movies and eating junk food all day.

I got promoted, which meant better pay than the previous one, much better pay, I was able to buy my own Tesla and a huge house with a large garden and many plants. Wilhelmina and I did not live together but it seemed that we did, it seemed as if we had two houses to live in, since we were hardly ever alone.

I never believed that Wilhemina had friends or a strong relationship with her family, but of course she did, she talked highly about them and I never had the opportunity to meet them but since we practically lived together, she used to go out and let me know that she was going to visit a friend or a family member. I knew that at some point I would meet her parents or her friends, Wilhemina told me that every single person related to her knew me already, and that terrified me, since we had a very noticeable age difference, what if they believed that I was simply after her money? That would be ridiculous, I clearly did not need a cent from her, I was a strong independent woman that everything I had, I obtained it with my own effort.

Kineros Robotics was already a world-renowned company, my friends generated billions and people from all over the world traveled kilometers just to hire their services. It was incredible, they even got multiple awards, the most recent was for being the first company capable of creating the most advanced humanoid robots in history.

I was happy for them, and for my girlfriend, obviously, she was part of all that, but the downside of all this was that, as their company grew, the work grew, which made Wilhemina often arrive at dawn, when I was already sound asleep, increasingly missing her body next to mine.

It became very rare when we had the opportunity to have dinner together as we used to, and during lunchtime I was already used to eating alone. The first few times I would prepare food for both of us, waiting for her to arrive, but the food got cold, and she would text me that she was stuck in so much work that it was better if I didn't wait for her.

She had even lost weight, the only times I could make sure she ate was during breakfast, but there were times where she was too tired to eat, and when I visited her or my friends at the company I observed that she was working and eating at the same time, or not eating at all. It was the same with Jeff and Mutt, they lost too much weight and were relying even more on cocaine to remain active.