Chapter 7

The rest of my day, I've been thinking about what happened with Venable in the cafeteria. Hell, why did everything had to happen in there? Was that place cursed?

I didn't want to leave things like that, I wanted to run to her and tell her that she had been an important part of my life despite the strange relationship we had developed, however, I also didn't want to beg her and probably waste my time and dignity asking her for forgiveness.

So, when it was my time to leave, I headed towards Kineros again. Having chosen to risk losing my dignity with a negative response from Venable.

I parked my car, headed inside after the security guys let me through, and saw her as soon as the elevator took me to the correct floor.

Her gaze radiated weariness, despite the fact that her posture and features were always completely firm and neutral.

"Hi." I greeted her, resting my hands on her desk, bowing in front of her.

She immediately tensed her hands, she knew I was walking in there, but maybe she expected me to walk past her and ignore her.

"Are you coming to see Jeff and Mutt?" She asked me, without taking her eyes off the laptop screen.

"It is rude not to respond to a greeting." I ignored her question.

I was dying to kiss her at that moment, we were very close but not close enough, and it frustrated me.

She stood up, resting her hands also on her desk to be face to face with me. Okay, now we were close enough!

"I don't have to say hello if I don't want to." She snapped, clenching her jaw and glaring at me, but this time, I decided to keep my gaze on her.

"I didn't come to see Jeff and Mutt, I came to see you. Do you want to go to the cafeteria again? We don't have to go to that one if you don't want to." I invited her.

Her gaze and her countenance changed immediately.

I really wanted to know her, I wanted to know about her favorite books, her hobbies, her interests, I wanted to know everything that made her up, and I didn't want to let anything ruin it again.

"Why would you...? Did you come all the way here to ask me that?" She hesitated.

"That's right, I don't know what happened earlier that made you change your mind, but whatever you thought, you got it all wrong."

She just closed her computer and looked at me, I thought she needed to hear that from me, and somehow, realize that I was only available to her.

"If your friends scold me, I'm going to tell them that you got me out of here." She warned me, with a smile. I could never get over that smile!

"Fair enough, don't worry, they will understand." I agreed.

When we left the place, I saw the incredulous faces from the guards at the entrance. I didn't blame them, she literally escorted me out without any remorse and next thing they knew, we were heading to a cafeteria.

"I dare to say, as much as I like that cafetería, the only thing I have in my stomach since that time has been a croissant and an espresso." Venable confessed, after getting into my car.

Me too, I couldn't wait to go make dinner at home. I was glad she was just as hungry as me, we could have a formal dinner.

"Let's have dinner, then." I accepted. "Somewhere in mind?"

She nodded, and just like that day, I gave her my cellphone so she could write the address of the place she wanted to go.

I started my car, and put on music. I almost passed out when Stevie Nicks' "Rooms On Fire" started playing. I immediately changed the song, and "Greta" started playing. Frustrated, I changed the song once more, and "Secret Love" started playing. I turned off the radio, notoriously angry. I had forgotten to delete those songs from my playlist.