Chapter 28

April, 2020

The Apocalypse was a week away, and I must say that, despite everything, I would never change these last two years for anything.

I forgot that in a while, everything would be completely destroyed, that thought stopped haunting me once Cordelia had the plan completely structured, thanks to the valuable information from Wilhemina, everything was possible.

The plan was simple: Let the Apocalypse happen, and as the eighteen months pass, when Michael arrives at Outpost 3, the witches will have awakened from their personality spells and would perform that other spell I don't know anything about, but it had to work. I reiterate, it was thanks to Wilhemina that the information about Michael was obtained.

Jeff and Mutt had saved a place for Wilhemina, Misty and I in Outpost 3, but we weren't planning on living with people we didn't know and on top of having the robot around, so we planned to let my dearest friends know that we had decided to stay at the house, and spend the eighteen months there. What was the worst that could happen? They couldn't force us.

It would be eighteen tedious months, like some kind of quarantine due to radiation, but we would know how to take advantage of them. And because of that, in these last two years and seven months, we didn't mind spending the money stupidly, we paid millions to have an underground house built in Central California close enough to Outpost 3 where we would move the day of the Apocalypse, we traveled around the world, we got matching tattoos, well, a lot of tattoos as well, and fulfilled all the purposes that we had promised to do before we died before the end of the world.

Regarding Jeff and Mutt, deep down I was furious with them, because they were the main mentors and the reason why Michael was doing what he was doing, he had no idea about anything at first.

Still, I couldn't help but be invaded by nostalgia, since when we met, we were three broken guys with goals and aspirations who tortured themselves studying and working, and then, we had the life that we had so long aspired to. They accompanied me throughout that process, they believed in me and were good friends. I hated them with all my might, but I missed what we used to be, for we differed on the whole issue of the Apocalypse and worst of all, they did not know that I was stabbing them in the back along with my girlfriend, who was their supposedly faithful companion in the growth of their plan.

"What are you thinking, love?" Wilhemina asked me, standing next to me on the balcony of the hotel we were staying in.

My relationship with Wilhemina was going wonderfully and I knew that she was the woman of my life, the love of my life, from the first moment I knew that it would not be a temporary relationship, we were both willing to build something lasting and pure.

"In a week, we will be in an underground house, feeling the nuclear bombs above us destroy everything we ever knew. I know we have rarely talked about this, but it is coming." I replied.

She wrapped her free arm around me and kissed my neck gently.

"Nothing means everything to me if I have you." She snapped. "I'll be fine if you're by my side."

I just couldn't stand so much perfection. In the middle of the chaos, I was very blissful to have her for granted.

"You're right, maybe it will be different than what we're used to, but as long as I have you, I can get through it." I agreed.