Chapter 10

Flung out of space? What kind of description was that?

"Well, is it good or bad?" I asked her.

"From now on, nothing I will say about you will be bad." She established. "So consider it good, but I'd like to know what's going on in that beautiful head of yours. You intrigue me." She confessed.

In that case, she was also flung out of space, I knew she thought too much, and since I met her, every part of her intrigued me, I wanted to meet her, and I finally had the opportunity to do so.

"I say the same." I gave her a smile and we both got out of the car.

It was another local business, I really appreciated the fact that both times we went out, she opted to support a local business, which was very nice of her.

This time, we sat at a table in the middle of the place, since it was the only one available. I thought a lot about whether I should sit next to Venable, but I didn't know if that was going to please her, since she liked her space.

There were a lot of people and it overwhelmed me, but why would I care? When I was with that woman, it was as if only the two of us were in the world, and nothing and no one could interrupt the little world we were immersed in when we were together. And it was curious, more than a year ago, I had told her that "we both did not fit in this world."

"Going back to our little car talk..." Venable said, flipping through the menu.

Our little talk... I wanted to tell her all about New Orleans, tell her everything about myself, but I didn't even know what the hell was going on with me.

"What can I say? You always choose the right words to make me think, and..." I tried to avoid the topic.

"Not about that, before that." She interrupted. "Are not you happy?"

And another thought loomed in my mind. I loved my job, I was doing it well, and it took a lot of effort to get to where I was. But besides that, was I happy?

"In my workplace, yes, I am happy when I am at my job, I am happy when I am with my friends, right now, with you, I am happy." I confirmed.

After the waitress took our orders, Venable stood up and sat next to me. Oh how I wanted her to do it!

"It is momentary happiness, but being completely alone, are you happy?" She asked again.

Sure I was, I loved reading my books, watching my series, preparing delicious food, exercising. Everything I did while being completely alone made me happy. I was happy, but something was missing.

"Yes, I am 90% happy, and yes, love may be that remaining 10%." I snapped.

Venable took my hand from under the table, and entwined it with hers. The simple act gave me chills and I couldn't help but hold my breath, it was an impulse.

"Can I be that remaining 10%?" She asked me, her brown eyes met mine and my mind, my heart and my reasoning stopped, I couldn't think of anything but her eyes... and her interesting proposal.

Could love be the remaining 10%? Her love was the remaining 10%.

"We'll see." I replied, she put her arm around me and moved closer to me. I was starting to hyperventilate, if it weren't for the air conditioning, I would be a disaster. My chest felt heavy, the butterflies in my stomach were fluttering like crazy, not to mention my heart, which felt like it was going to come out of my mouth. I felt fantastically euphoric, and nervous.

"We'll see? Of course we will." She agreed.

"And are you happy?" It was my turn to ask.

"Right now... I'm 100% happy."