Chapter 25

We were out of harm's way, as it was a matter of days before Cordelia called Misty and let her know that Michael Langdon's three allies had been burned at the stake, and he hadn't been seen since. No one knew where he was but surely he was completely defeated and weak. Just how he deserved.

"Cheers then!" Misty exclaimed, raising her glass of Coke, since she was not a fan of wine.

"Cheers!" Wilhemina and I responded.

We ate our dinner calmly, everything had returned to normal, and there was no more danger.

I felt very relieved, I was not going to lose anything that I had built, I was not going to lose anyone.

Wilhemina finished her dinner, washed her dishes and went to the room, the next day she had to work as she usually did.

"Misty, is there any chance that... uhm... Stevie could come here?" I asked her once to make sure Wilhemina was gone. "My girl deserves to meet her and I can't waste the opportunity for her to do so."

Misty smiled widely.

"Aww, I love to see how one does things for the other, I live for this!" She exclaimed. "She had me going crazy looking for tickets online for Empire State and the play, oh but the reservation in the plaza was impossible." She related. "Cordelia could call her, no problem."

Poor Misty, she was the one in charge of helping us do something for each other, and best of all was her discretion. I knew she wasn't going to say a word to Wilhemina.

I said goodbye to Misty giving her a big hug, and a kiss in her forehead. I also had to wake up early and the next day would be very busy, like every day in fact.

I lay down next to Wilhemina after having changed my clothes, she was sitting on the bed reading a book, that was her routine: Read ten pages and go to sleep.

***

Kineros already felt like home to me, and I wasn't talking about the building, but the company itself. It gave me so much joy to think about how prestigious it had become.

When the elevator took me to Jeff and Mutt's floor, I met a beautiful receptionist... oh, hold on, she was my girlfriend! I kissed her lips quickly and entered the well-known office of my two beloved friends.

When they saw me they literally ran towards me and hugged me, the three of us ended up on the floor and I was out of breath.

"Ohhh, we even forgot your damn face!" Mutt exclaimed. "WhatsApp is not enough, you know we love you to visit us!"

Yes, I felt terrible, my job barely gave me adequate time to spend charitable time with my girlfriend and my best friend, who lived with me, but since I had the day off (unfortunately Wilhemina could not afford to take the day too) I decided that I needed to visit two people who were more than important to me.

"Guys, everything has happened..." I started.

I related that Wilhemina and I had moved in together, but because of our jobs, we didn't want to get out of bed on the weekends, too mentally exhausted to decorate the house.

I told them that Misty came back, I decided to skip the entire Coven and Antichrist part because the less people knew about it, the better. It wasn't that I didn't trust them but they had sold their souls to Satan, in no way did I want them to search like crazy for Michael and even contribute to the deaths of billions of people just because they felt they owed him something. I wanted to believe that they weren't capable of something like that.