Chapter 29

November, 2020

I don't know how long I was crying. I cried, I cried, and I cried, but the suffering did not stop.

Misty was immune to radiation from the bombs, so she took it upon herself to go out and destroy that hideous thing that the persons who once were my friends made.

It has been a long time since I felt disgusted towards Jeff and Mutt, but this made me hate them. No, hate was still such a soft feeling. Why did this damn Antichrist have to come and ruin everything?! None of this would have happened if he had not appeared in the company of my friends.

... None of this would have happened if Cordelia hadn't insisted on involving Wilhemina in this in the first place. Fucking Cordelia, she screwed up, it wasn't enough for her to snatch my best friend from me six years ago, she also snatched the love of my life from me and yes! She fucking did it! I was so stupid to even believe in her.

What tortured me the most was not the absence of my Wilhemina, but where was she? Was she okay? Was she alive? I would have been calmer if I knew she was fine! That was all I asked for!

So Misty, after having made unsuccessful superhuman attempts to at least distract me for at least three minutes from the sorrow that was eating into me inside, she proposed to go find Wilhemina at Outpost 3.

But it would be less risky if a little more time passed. I have to say that these last seven months were the longest and I was impatient to know how my baby was doing.

No, not impatient, desperate. Every day was a disgusting martyrdom, and I always went to sleep hoping with all my anxiety that the next day, I would wake up with Wilhemina by my side. Still, not everything about these past few months was bad.

It was ironic, when Misty was not with me, Wilhemina had been in charge of making me regain that happiness that I thought I would only regain if I had Misty back, and later, when I lost Wilhemina, Misty had taken care of recovering that happiness that I thought I would regain only if I had Wilhemina back.

Anyway, she has always managed to make me feel better in my worst moments, and this was the worst of all, but as always, she did it, promising that, no matter what, Wilhemina and I would meet again.

"Look, I'm sure she's there, I promise I'll get back here with her." Misty told me, putting on a long hood.

I had no words to be grateful for what she was doing for me, I think that neither this life nor the next life would be enough for me to thank her completely.

"I've told you so many times that you must be fed up, but I appreciate it." I repeated for the third time in just half an hour.

She chuckled and kissed my forehead, then, she reloaded with bullets her weapon, which she had commissioned me to teach her to use these days. And lastly, I saw her leaving our house.

We had taken it upon ourselves to shoot countless incompetents who had tried to break into our house. I understood their despair, but with the pain in our hearts, we knew that we should kill them, because if we gave them food or something like that, later they would tell more people and we would be committed to giving our own to everyone who came here, plus, it was difficult to adopt this modality in which we ate a pittance twice a day because we feared running out of resources, and many times, we preferred not to eat one day in order to have for the next day.

Misty's plan to find Wilhemina was very well calculated. She would use her ability to control people's minds and thus manipulate the guards or high-ranking people into driving Wilhemina out and allowing her to leave. She had to admit that, despite everything, the Coven was a great help to Misty developing her hidden abilities.