Chapter 20

July, 2017

She said yes.

And that same weekend, we bought an isolated house apart from everything and everyone.

Nevertheless, it was very close to our jobs, the mall and the cafeteria that we always frequented, we found a very convenient location.

It was exhausting to organize everything and we hadn't even finished. The house was huge, and it had four rooms: A room for the two of us, another room for visitors, a mini gym that I had set up in my previous house and a study room for Wilhemina, who sometimes used to work at home.

We had not had time to paint and decorate the house, the weeks were extremely busy for both of us that even I started to arrive late, I only got to change, remove make-up, wash my face and lay in bed, many times I did not even feel like having dinner.

Wilhemina's routine was already known, but I had no time to miss her because mine had become similar, I had patients from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., there were so many people I attended that I was forced to lengthening my office hours, and there was not even five minutes spaces in between like it used to be before.

Although, I felt very blissful, I had become very prestigious and sought after, and something that I loved more than doing my job, was that other people loved it too, it made it all worth it.

On weekends, we procrastinated, too mentally exhausted to get out of bed. Wilhemina was fed up with working even on weekends that she had to carry a little more load on her, advancing as much as she could so that she could rest on weekends.

But after six weekends of procrastinating, we finally decided to get out of that bed and have a picnic on the beach, so we prepared simple food, bought sodas and snacks, and we also brought our books with us.

"Do you remember the first time we came here?" She asked me, taking her eyes off the sea to direct them towards me.

I nodded, swallowing the remaining soda, feeling the air play with my hair.

"Yes, I made us get our feet into the sea and you didn't want to, then we went to a cafeteria and you lent me your blazer... and you choked me for the first time."

She laughed.

"From that day on I knew that for nothing in the world I would let you go." She snapped.

"I won't let you go either." I answered. "And I hope this is the beginning of a long chapter together."

"Rest assured that it will be, darling."

I kissed her lips tenderly, feeling the sea breeze, listening to the sound of the waves, while kissing that woman who mesmerized me from the first moment I saw her, life could not get more perfect, I had everything I wanted, I had her.

As we parted, I rested my head on her shoulder. Wilhemina took the books out of the basket and handed me the one I was reading, I was just starting it, and my poor girl had not had time to dedicate herself to reading a book as she used to, so that was the perfect moment.

I took my speaker out and put music on low volume, "Angels" by Within Temptation began to play.

"'Curioser, and curioser.' Cried Alice, she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English." I read one of the lines of the book Wilhemina was reading.