Chapter 21

After opening my eyes, my sight was somewhat blurred and mesmerized by the strong light. I was on the couch.

"You're awake, I made you some tea." I heard Misty's voice and turned my gaze to her.

There was no way in the fucking world it was her! I felt like someone had stabbed me in the chest, my stomach felt so nervous that I felt like I wanted to throw up... no, actually, I wanted to throw up.

I ran quickly to the bathroom and threw everything out. My throat ached and I had a horrible taste in my mouth, but I didn't care. I only cared about one thing, and it was Misty... or whoever it was.

I felt a strange sensation, I did not even know whether to feel happy when I did not know how the hell she had come back, or if it was really her.

I was finally happy again, after a long time and a lot of struggle, I mean... why? Why couldn't I just move forward? I was doing fucking fine! For fuck's sake!

Without realizing it, my eyes began to expel tears uncontrollably. I missed seeing her so much, and her voice... her damn voice, it was like listening to my favorite song after a long time.

I walked into the living room again, my legs shaking so badly that I had to lean against the wall.

"Listen, I don't know who the fuck you are, but you're not Misty." I started.

In a perfect world, she might have been Misty, but it was too good to be real. As much as I would have liked to have her back, it was better to be realistic. Misty was fucking gone.

I watched Wilhemina sitting on the armchair, I didn't know how long I was unconscious and if at some point they talked to each other, but I was sure this was a kind of joke.

"So who am I? Taylor Swift?" She asked wryly. I quickly shook my head.

And that's when it hit me.

Shit! It was one of Jeff and Mutt's bloody humanoid robots! I couldn't find another explanation! These sons of bitches!

"Jeff, Mutt, believe me I love you and I have endured your jokes, but this is crossing the line, you bastards." My voice started to shake, and I couldn't help but look away. It broke my heart even to see her, she even had that tender look that characterized Misty so much.

I heard Wilhemina rise from her seat, standing in front of "Misty", grabbing her by her shawl strongly, which made her groan. Shit! Even the groans were like Misty's! So fucking sick!

"Oh you little fuckers, I know you are watching me." It was the first thing Wilhemina said. "I swear that I will kill you, this is not to be played with."

"Agh, please let go off me, you crazy bitch. Stevie gave this shawl to me." She complained, shaking slightly which made Wilhemina let go off her. "And what did I miss? Are there humanoid robots already? Well shit, another reason to go back to the swamp as fast as possible." She laughed.

She was completely identical! It hurt too much! It hurt so much! I couldn't take anymore! I wanted her to go!

I took the gun from the coffee table in the living room and pointed it at her. I tensed my jaw so tightly that my teeth began to grind, I was sure that I would not even hit the shot because the tears did not let me see clearly, it felt as if they had put lemon on the wound that, to be honest, never healed.

"I want you to please self-destruct, I don't care if you express the same, I don't care if you're so identical it's scary, please self-destruct." I sobbed. "You are not Misty and you never will be." I took the safety off the gun, it hurt too much to have to aim at her because she was the living image of Misty that felt like shooting at Misty herself.