Chapter 19

I went to my office, it was Thursday and I was in a good mood, for Wilhemina and I made breakfast together like the good old days. She took the whole week off, and I seriously hoped that everything would go back to the way it was before, at least for a week.

The building in which I worked made me feel a pressure in my chest, I did not know how long that woman had spent stalking me and I could not help thinking what would have happened if Wilhemina had not saved me, or if I had been in another place.

That taught me to be more alert, maybe I was getting paranoid but I was always looking around, and worst of all was that the more alert I was, the more I felt like they were following me. I had mini heart attacks when someone walked behind me but was actually going somewhere else, or when a car followed me but it turned out that they were heading to a place near me.

I didn't plan on leaving, though, I had gained enough prestige, I was not going to send all that to shit just because a damn bitch abused me, even though she was dead, I was not going to give her that pleasure.

"I know it's none of my business, but everyone here is saying your girlfriend was the one who killed Amber." Cristina snapped, whom I begged to move with me, I liked to believe that she accepted because she liked me and not only because I offered to double her salary.

I stopped short. Paralyzed. Did everyone know? Ugh, they didn't get her name off the media fast enough.

Cristina was so sociable that she made me sick, probably because she was an Aquarius... anyway, not a week had passed when she had already made friends with everyone on the eleventh floor.

The only advantage is that she told me a lot of gossip that happened in the place, and that was something we had in common, the love of gossip.

"Amber tried to rape me at my friends' anniversary party, there are enough witnesses who know that, yes, Wilhemina disfigured her face and broke her ribs so much that they pierced her lungs. That's true." I confirmed. "Tell them that story before they make it look like my lover is a murderer when she saved me." I didn't let her answer, I just kept walking and sat in my desk chair.

She opened my door and entered afterwards.

"I had no idea, are you okay?" She continued, with concern in her eyes.

I was not okay, I was really scared of everyone and everything around me.

"Yeah, I'm just so grateful she could make it before... you know."

"Me too, your girlfriend did the right thing." She took my hand and squeezed it gently.

Later on, I heard a voice that I already recognized. Andrew, my fourth patient of the day.

Cristina quickly walked over outside the door of my office and went to her desk.

"What's up, Andrew?" I greeted him with a smile. "Would you be a sweetheart and close the door?"

"Hey, sure." He answered as he closed the door so we could talk more privately.

***

"See you, Amanda!" I said goodbye to my last patient before lunch.

I took my backpack with my stuff and found Cristina already eating on her desk, most of the times, she brought her own lunch on a Tupperware, but there were days when she would go out and have lunch in her car or at the park next to the building.

"Are you joining me today, (Y/N)?" She asked me with a smile.

Since Wilhemina stopped coming home for lunch, I would do the same as her and bring my food on a Tupperware as well, we used to eat in my office while watching movies and chit chatting the whole hour.