Chapter 6

I loved my job. I knew it before I even set a foot in the office.

I had patients from day one, and many of them were so satisfied with me that absolutely everyone made appointments to see me again. My heart sank when they flattered me, when they told me that they loved the way I expressed myself, and I was so excited because that had been my purpose since forever.

I had adopted a routine that I liked, every day I would get up to exercise, take a bath, choose a formal but cool outfit, prepare breakfast, brush my teeth and drive to work, fresh as a lettuce, ready to give everything.

I felt happy, I never believed that I would be happy again, that I had a reason to get up every day, I loved my life and I realized that I reached my purpose, that my end was definitely not in that apartment in New Orleans.

After returning from my job, knowing that I did my best, I decided it was time to visit my dear friends to their successful and great company where they always were.

Fuck, it felt good to say that, we managed to be what we once dreamed of being. We were in the best of our lives, where we always wanted.

I dialed Jeff's number and after two rings he answered.

"Suuup, psychologist." He greeted me. "You have to tell me everything, how have you been?"

I had already said it, but there was no better feeling than when you realize that your friends are happy about your achievements and are interested in you in a reciprocal way.

"I'll tell you everything, you're at Kineros, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, come over and tell us everything." He confirmed.

I left my house and drove the car I recently bought, until I was in front of the company, it looked more lively, since there were more employees who made it more enjoyable.

I saw the security guards, they were hella tall and serious, they scared me but I knew they were nice... or so I hoped.

"Hello, I came to see Jeff and Mutt, I am friends with them, they are waiting for me." I told one of them. I watched as he spoke into his walkie talkie and then nodded.

"You can come in, welcome." He told me and I thanked him.

When I finally got inside, it felt like an orgasm to feel the delicious air conditioning, it was too hot outside and I hated the heat.

As I took the elevator to the floor where my friends were, I saw my beloved Venable typing on her computer. She looked very elegant, and for me, it was the best thing to go in and Venable being the first one I saw.

I wanted to run, but... whatever was going to happen, I looked for it, I shouldn't have talked to her that way in the cafeteria.

"Good afternoon, Miss Venable." I greeted her.

And without further ado, I walked towards the main room where they were.

"Where do you think you're going? You can't come in without an appointment." Her voice stopped me.

I let out a sarcastic laugh, she had to be kidding.

"Very funny." I scoffed. "I don't need one, they are my friends and they are waiting for me." I opposed.

"Guards!" She yelled, pressing a button and soon two guards entered and I did not know where they had come from.

AAAHHHH MOTHERFUCKER! Damn Venable! What right did she have?!

"She came without an appointment and wanted to go in to where Mr. Pfister and Mr. Nutter were." She told them. "Get her out of here and make sure she doesn't come back in." She ordered and before I could explain myself, I was already outside.