Chapter 24

"You should have said yes, Cordelia." Misty claimed. "I love you, but you screwed up."

I was sitting on Misty's bed as she walked around her room like crazy. I hardly heard Cordelia's voice from the other side and Misty wasn't saying enough for me to decipher what they were talking about.

"Please don't say she screwed up." I intervened. "I don't know if you're aware but you can't afford to screw up right now." I spoke to Cordelia.

Yes, I admit that I tend to be a bit nosy at times.

"Oh, do you have another plan? I hear you." Misty groaned.

"Speaker, bestie!" I whispered, she nodded and I could finally hear Cordelia's voice clearly, not just inaudible murmurs.

"You see... we know that Michael has three allies, and I think they were responsible for John Henry's death." She began to explain. I deduced John Henry was one of the warlocks of the academy. "Myrtle told me that her friend heard something... compromising. We will bring John Henry back, and with that we will have enough excuse to burn them at the stake."

Well, that was a completely brilliant plan, with his three allies out, Michael would be left completely alone and helpless. That would do.

"Babe, Michael is not gonna like that." Misty snapped. "The pain may make him stronger, you know, darling?"

Cordelia sighed.

"I don't think so, he is a little boy. He will be completely lost." She countered.

"Be careful, I beg you." Misty replied.

"I will, sweetheart. I love you."

She hung up.

"Well, that plan's much better than paying an insane amount of money for a damn meeting with Papa Legba so that he would ask for a very high price." Misty admitted.

I was completely lost! I understood Cordelia's plan but I wasn't aware of the reason why she screwed up.

"What did Cordelia ask? And what price?" I inquired.

"Cordelia told him to open the gates of hell so she could push Michael inside." She answered. "In exchange, he wanted all of our souls, the souls of all the witches of the Coven."

Well, damn it... that didn't equal to all the money in the world. As far as I knew, they would suffer for eternity as Misty did if Cordelia accepted. She didn't screw up at all, she did what anyone would have done in her position.

"Bitch and you said she screwed up?! When?!" I exclaimed, madly.

"I think we would all have agreed to surrender our souls." Misty replied.

Hell no. I wasn't going to lose Misty again, not even if the world depended on it, and it did. Cordelia did the right thing, screw that.

"Yeah, but Michael is the damn son of the devil, he probably would find a way out and you guys would be suffering in hell for nothing." I countered. "My ass, Cordelia has my respects."

Misty chuckled and hugged me.

"Cordelia told me that a new witch just arrived, they had a few fun moments before she failed her deal with Papa Legba because bitch is like a human nutrition label." She told me, laying down on my lap.

"A human nutrition label? There is a witch who has the power of harm or inflict pain on others by inflicting damage upon her own body like a damn 'Human Voodoo Doll' as she calls herself, a witch with a killer vagina, a witch with the power of resurgence... and then there is a witch that is a human nutrition label."