Chapter 8

*Flashback*
(TW: Suicide)

I was studying on the couch in the living room of my apartment.

I loved my parents, not because they deserved it, but because I felt like it was my obligation to do so. They always demanded impeccable grades, and I got them, but nothing I did was enough. Every time I did what they expected from me, they said it was the least I could do, since I had no other obligation more than studying.

Study, study, study... my parents never recognized my achievements, they never showed me that they were proud of me, they only talked about the bad things about me but never highlighted the good things. I stopped caring when I stopped depending morally and economically on them, I liked living alone, I liked learning.

I loved learning, when I entered the University, I entered a new world, a world full of opportunities that were waiting for me, because my career was the best choice I could have made. And with my dear Misty by my side, nothing could bring me down.

I missed Misty so much, Madison Montgomery locked her alive in a grave in a cemetery, luckily, Cordelia was able to find her and save her. I owed her so much for that. I mean, I knew Misty would come back, she did, and there was no way that Madison or some other envious bitch would get away with it, but still, the time she was missing was torture, since we saw each other every day. And it hadn't been long since she was burned at the stake, those were also days of torture where I missed her like hell.

I was nervous, I couldn't even focus on studying for my exam because the day before, the witches had taken the Seven Wonders test and Misty was scared, I was scared, I didn't doubt my best friend's abilities but she was getting involved in something beyond what she had done all her life, it was something very big and she had very little time to prepare properly.

Someone knocked on my door.

I felt a pang of relief, it was Misty, it was definitely her. Without hesitation, I ran as fast as I could, but when I opened it, I saw Cordelia. Was she crying? Wait! She had her eyes back?! Finally, she freaked me out when she had her eyes plucked out.

"(Y/N), I have news to give you and I need you to... I need you to sit down." It was the first thing she said to me, and my friend Misty came to my mind.

I was sure that whatever she was going to tell me, it wouldn't be so bad, anyway, Misty was immortal somehow.

I obeyed her and sat down, Cordelia was one of the sweetest witches I had ever met when Misty introduced me to the Coven.

Misty was so in love with Cordelia, and she wouldn't stop talking lightly of her, they were both beautiful souls despite everything they'd gone through. That was admirable.

"Spill it!" I replied.

"Misty died." She sobbed, breaking into tears.

I laughed, she was quite dramatic. Misty was like a cockroach, there was no force in the world that could kill her completely. She knew that!

"Really, Delia?" I asked incredulously. "Please calm down, she will come back, she always does." I comforted her as I was heading to the kitchen and handed her a glass of water.

She took a sip of it and shook her head. What did that even mean?! She didn't know Misty as much as I did, she didn't see what I saw.