✧Chapter 2: Giants Part 2✧

The roof of the building collapsed, and slowly pieces of the roof started falling. All that was visible was the face of the giant that destroyed the wall that protected the city. The walls of the building started falling and all that could be seen past the rubble was a horde of giants walking throughout the city. As the giant destroyed what was left of the roof, the class started scattering in fear. During all of this, I was so stunned that I couldn't move. I was looking up at the giant and as it met my gaze, it started moving toward me. It shifted its hand towards me and tried to grab me. Then all of a sudden in the corner of my eye I see Val running towards me.

"ALEX!!! WATCH OUT!!"

As I turn my head I see Val running toward me and then he grabbed me. He was running so fast that he was able to move the hand of the giant out of the way and we both landed on the floor. He gripped me tightly like he was protecting me. Then all of a sudden a harsh magenta-colored light filled the room. In a flash, almost everything returned to normal. All the giants have disappeared and almost all the damage that was caused by them was almost all repaired. Then the TV at the front of the classroom flashed on a news report started playing on the TV.

"Breaking news we have been receiving reports of a masked figure near the Hollywood mountains. Officials state that whenever an entity has appeared, around the time that it returns to the mountains a masked figure is present then a flash of light appears and both entities disappear. We still do not have a lot of information on said entity so we advise everyone to..."

*The TV goes into static and the news broadcast ends*

I slowly look around the classroom. I see the teacher trying to fix the TV and bring the broadcast back up. To the left of me, I see Ruby asleep on her desk it looks like she was writing something because there is a half-drawn heart on her notebook. I gaze to the right of me and see Val bored scrolling through his phone, but I guess he saw me looking at him because he put away his phone and looked away. Does no one remember what happened? Half of the school was almost destroyed why is everyone acting so nonchalant? Although I thought it was odd I didn't bring it up or people would think I'm crazy. The rest of the day went how it normally would boring lectures, homework, lunch, and then we got to go home.

As we walked out of school I let out a loud yawn.

"You tired Alex? I thought you got enough sleep, seeing how you came late to school."

*Ruby quietly giggles*

I look at Ruby and smirk.

"Look who's talking I saw you sleeping. Oh, and I also saw that heart that you were drawing. Does our little Ruby have a crush?"

Ruby's face turns bright red from embarrassment.

"NO!! It's none of your business what I was drawing!"

As I open my mouth to say a come back she punches me right in the gut and I fall to the floor.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!"

*Ruby starts giggling again*

"That was for not minding your own business."

As I try to get up I hear a voice coming from behind me.

"Alright, you two break it up."

Val walks towards me and helps me up.

"So what were you guys fighting about?"

As I was about to open my mouth to speak I glanced over at Ruby staring at me. She glared silently at me and a shiver went up through my spine.

"Oh umm, it was nothing."

Val looked at me then looked at Ruby and immediately understood why I was acting so reluctant.

"Well ok, let's go."

The three of us started walking down the street away from school. Just as we reached the end of the street a black limousine slowly pulled up. The rims of the limo were shining in the sun. The windows of the back of the car were tinted so you could barely look in. The grill of the car was encrusted with gold and a large A was at the front of the grill. Then the chauffeur came out of the car and greeted us.

"Young Master Valentino, Master Alex, Mis Ruby. I finally found you all."

We all knew where the limo came from, it came from The Alvarez estate. Oh, I forgot to say what Val's parents do. Well, both of Val's parents are retired but they have more than enough money to support them for generations. Val's dad is the founder of a multi-billion-dollar company, 5.4 billion to be exact. His mom is also retired she was a very popular actress but she ended her career to raise Val. Val, Ruby, and I were all raised by our parents. My mom only really started to get busy with work by the time I got into high school. Val's mom quit her job as an actress to raise him and Ruby well first I need to explain what her parents do. Well, Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez are some of the hardest workers I know. For one they opened their family restaurant their hard work and dedication paid off they started opening more and more restaurants and made a lot of money from that. Although they were constantly busy they always made time for Ruby. The restaurant was like her second home she learned how to cook and clean from there. She plans to take over the restaurants when her parents can't work anymore and I support her. She is such a good cook, she started cooking when she was little and she has gotten so good. Val and I are a different story, for one Val can't cook to save his own life. Whenever he enters a kitchen we need to keep a close eye on him because if we don't he will burn water or two he will burn the whole house down. Although I do know how to somewhat cook I can only cook simple dishes like an egg or a sandwich but I'm learning. So long story short if we ever get kicked out or go broke Val and I are going to starve.

The chauffeur opened the door to the limo and signaled for all three of us to get in.

"Young Master Valentino your father is waiting to speak to you and your friends. We have already contacted Ms. Cruz and Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez and they all allowed you to be taken to the Alvarez estate."

The three of us nodded our heads and got into the limo. After Ruby and I got in, Val followed and the chauffeur closed the limo door.