🎶Chapter 26- The Flute 🎶

*gasp*

I jolt awake. What the hell happened last night? I scan the room for evidence that what I saw last night was real. Nothing, everything was just as it was before last night. I turn to face Valentino. My soul almost left my body as I saw a blue butterfly mark on his neck. It reminded me of the butterflies that followed the guy from last night.

Without waking him I check the mark on his neck. When I place a finger on it I immediately get a sick feeling in my stomach. I back my hand away and go to change trying to keep my mind off of it and just to focus on the party today. After sneaking out without waking Valentino. I head out of the house to get some fresh air.

I like to walk to clear my mind. I wish I hadn't forgotten my sketchbook, drawing helps me relax too. Walking through the forest near the house I admire the nature around me. The deeper I went the prettier it got. Little by little I noticed more and more butterflies started appearing. I got an uneasy feeling in me. Then I found myself in the middle of a small clearing in the woods. I was met with a crowd of butterflies circling a crystal flute. I had the urge to touch the flute. I extended to grab the alluring flute but was then met with a block. With a shimmer, as I pulled my hand back I was able to see a slight glimpse of the barrier that surrounds the city. As I blinked to regain my understanding of what was happening I blinked just to see that the butterflies and the flute had vanished into smoke. Confusion fills my head as I look down and I see my pocket glowing with smoke spilling out. It was the mirror. It gave me a vision.

What the hell do I need a flute for? With no answers, I returned to the house where the party started. By the time I got back, it was already 2 p.m. and guests started to roll in. As each VIP rolled in I tried to search for my mom or friends to no avail. I just walked into the yard filled with decorations and started stuffing my face with the random assortment of food that the millions of caterers were preparing.

*loud taps on a microphone"

"Attention my esteemed guests," said Mr. Alvarez through the microphone.

Everyone's attention shifted to Mr. Alvarez as he started to speak.

"As many of you know already my son is to wed after he graduates high school and take over my empire and this wedding along with bringing two love birds together will also revolutionize the agricultural world with the help of my company's tech and the Hernandez agriculture. Now for the stars of the show" As Mr. Alvarez finished his announcement Valentino and Ruby walked out looking depressed as if they just got a scolding. Then Valentino started to speak.

" to celebrate this ARRANGED marriage my father had prepared an ancient Mesoamerican crystal flute from my mother's home country that has never before been played to be performed to you live by a famous singer who is also skilled with a flute." As he finished a flute encased in glass was brought up. The famous singer came to the stage with her curls looking amazing and her nails out of this world. Guards opened the case and brought the flute to the singer. As she played the first note I made eye contact with Valentino. She started playing a soothing tone. I glanced around and saw my mom walking towards me. Then, the singer hit a sharp note. All of a sudden I was hit with sudden vertigo and couldn't keep myself up. A sharp pain struck me and it felt like the blood in my veins was turning into bloody poison.

I started to lose my vision, I tried to look up and was met with the sight of three figures all resembling the guy from last night. They surrounded the singer. They lifted their daggers all with an identical scull-shaped jem. The gems glowed brightly as a fourth figure appeared from out of nowhere. The light of the gems seems to have had a hypnotic effect on the singer. Before she passed out she hit a final note that sent me into a daze. The last thing I saw was the singer collapsing and the fourth figure swiping the flute then dematerializing.

I heard a collective amount of screams. Then I collapsed on the floor and lost consciousness...

 Then I collapsed on the floor and lost consciousness