♥Chapter 4: Engaged?♥

We entered the living room and saw five people sitting down on gray couches. As we got closer we realized that it was our parents. They slowly stood up and walked towards us. When they got to us my mom started talking.

"Hey, guys can you please sit down? We need to talk to the three of you."

We all sat down as my mom passed out glasses of red wine, it was one of the best bottles that the Alvarez family-owned, so we figured that whatever they had to say was important. Val's parents had big smiles on their faces as they drank their wine. I looked over at Ruby's parents and they also looked oddly happy. My mom was the only one not drinking or smiling obsessively. But suddenly Mr. Alvarez placed his drink down on the table and stood up.

"Valentino, Ruby we need to talk to you two. The Hernandezes and I have been talking and we have decided that you two should get married."

As we heard what Mr. Alvarez said we all went into shock. Val was holding a wine glass but when he heard what his father said he went pale and dropped the wine glass shattering it on the floor and spilling the wine everywhere. The three of us stood up and screamed in perfect unison.

"WHAT!!!!!!!!"

Val started screaming at his dad in broken Spanish

"What why? ¿Están locos? No quiero casarme."

Val's dad stared at him and started talking in a menacing tone.

"Valentino don't you dare yell at me. You will marry Ruby and join our two businesses together. AND THAT IS FINAL!"

Val's face burned red with anger and he stormed off. Then Mr. Alvarez looked at me and started talking.

"Alex you and your mother will be in charge of the wedding and unifying the two companies."

I had a confused look on my face and looked at my mom she was putting her head down. I knew she thought a forced marriage was wrong but she had no say in the matter and couldn't go against her biggest client and her best friends who supported her during her tough times. So without saying a word I stood up and chased after Val.

As I ran out of the room I overheard Ruby saying that she would get married but all that ran through my mind was to find Val. I always forget how big Val's mansion is I ran through every hall in and out of every room trying to find him. I found myself in a garden with a fountain in the center but still didn't find Val. I sat down on a bench that was in the garden and saw some wet footprints. I figured that Val must have run through the fountain and left footprints. I followed the footprints to a part of the house that I had almost forgotten about, the guest house. Now I remember this is where Mrs. Alvarez took care of me and Val, he must have come here to hide. I slowly entered the house looking through every room to find Val then I stumbled on a familiar-looking door. As I opened it I realized that it was the playroom where Val and I first met well at least it was. It was very different, I guess Val remodeled it instead of toys there was a couch a TV, and a fridge but the large collection of books was still there. The room was dark but I could hear shuffling in the corner so I figured that he was there.

"Ma,x are you in here?"

I didn't expect to get a response but I did.

"Go away, Alex."

I opened the door and entered the dimly lit room. I couldn't see clearly because of the darkness but I could make out Val in the corner it looked like he was holding something I couldn't see it but I did see it had a blue bow.

"Val, can we please talk?"

He stood up and I noticed that he was crying a bit I saw the tears running down his cheeks. He started yelling at me.

"ALEX I SAID GO AWAY!"

In a fit of anger, he made a fist and walked toward me, and punched me. As his fist made contact with my face I fell back. His punch hit so hard that I almost flew back. When I got back on my feet I started running toward the door. I heard Val calling my name realizing what he had done. I started running through the halls but I stopped when I saw a mirror. As I lifted my hand off of my face all I could see was one side of my face had disappeared and the other side was glitching. All that was able to be seen on one side of my face was a blank white mask and bandages covering my head and neck...