⌛chapter 16: no time part 1⌛

Valentino slowly regained consciousness. He got up, holding back the throwing up from being punched in the stomach. I either need to watch my strength or become a boxer. Oh, look I think he is trying to talk.

"OWWWWW!!! Damn, being kicked in the balls wasn't enough! I said I was sorry!"

"Oh look he is up. Now man up and listen. I need to talk to both of you guys."

We all got into a huddle and listened intently to Ruby.

"I have a plan to stop the wedding."

*Both Alex and Valentino in unison*

"WHAT!!!!!"

"Wait does this mean you don't want to marry Valentino?"

"Hell no! If u blind dumbasses haven't noticed I have someone. I want this wedding way less than a Valentino."

I looked over at Valentino and saw a wave of relief flood him.

"Look I have two ways to get out of this. The first one is to make them lose interest in the idea of us getting married. But no matter what I do it's not working. I tried acting like I was only in it for the money but Mr. Alvarez has WAY too much money. I didn't even make a dent."

"Yeah, my dad has multiple bank accounts you wouldn't have done much either way."

"I have one more idea but I can't tell u guys here it may be bugged."

We got out of our huddle and Ruby told us that she would tell us little by little to not raise suspicion. We all agreed to keep it a secret and so all we had to do was wait.

After that discussion, I planned to go back home to talk to my mom to try and get as much info out of her as possible. But before I could get home someone intercepted me.

"Right on time. Hello Alex."

I was met but a man. Ruffly 5'10 or 5'11. He was quite pale with long white hair and blue eyes. He looked to be in his early twenties. He was well dressed but I don't remember much of his outfit because I was captivated by a pocket watch he had. It was black and gold with the same patterns as a certain arrow I have.

"Come along now. We are late and I don't have much time."

"Who are you? why would I go with you?"

"I'll explain when we get there. Don't you want to know why your eyes glow?"

So I followed him and if he is no help I could always just beat the life out of him. I walked with him until we reached a park. Why we are here I have no idea, that's what I'm trying to find out. He took me to a waterfall in a hidden part of the park.

"Go in. don't worry you won't get wet."

I take a step in and I am transported to an amazing room. It feels like I'm in space. Everything was glowing and you could see the stars even though we were inside and it was daytime.

"So you have been breaking a lot of mirrors."

He tossed me a small mirror that looked to be partly broken. The frame that the small mirror was in was black with the same gold pattern on my arrow and his watch.

"Don't worry that one won't break when you look into it, I'm just clumsy that's why it is cracked. It is a celestial mirror made out of star dust and dark matter. It can do way more than a normal mirror. If the evil queen had it, she would have beaten snow white faster than snow could bite that apple."

"At least now I can see what I look like without getting cut by glass. So start talking. How do you know about my eyes and what can you tell me that I don't already know?"

"Did you know you are a celestial being?"

"I guess not. Explain."

"Your powers are not just a few magic tricks. Your eyes are like a fire that never goes out. Well unless you let them. I can't tell you much just know you are an immortal spirit. The spirit of space and stars to be specific."

"How would you know? I'm not a spirit, I'm just a normal kid. Well, as normal as I can get. You know what maybe you are right. But still, how would you know?

"Because we are the same."

He took off his contacts to reveille glowing magenta eyes.

"My name is Seth Chrónos and I am the spirit of the time. The mirror isn't mine, it use to belong to the spirit of reflection but she is gone and now you are our last hope. I lost my fight and now it is your turn. We are being hunted and you are the last one. If you lose all of us are doomed because you are the last midnight spirit."