・❥・chapter 15: Favorite ship・❥・

*Alvarez estate after Evergreens attack*

POV: Ruby

I got up in a daze after the vines keeping me down disappeared. What the hell just happened? Did I almost get murdered? Well shit, I guess I almost died but a guy in a mask saved me. Why can't I remember much from the fight? That is so weird all I remember is that he was rather hot. ANYWAYS. What's going on? Oh, shit, Mr. Alvarez!

"Mr. Alvarez let me help you up. Are you okay?"

"Yes, I will be fine thank you, Ruby."

I let Mrs. Alvarez tend to him and I go over to Valentino. I drag him to the side to talk to him.

"You alright?"

"Yea, thank god that guy saved our asses. Oh crap, I almost forgot I have to go see Alex!"

"Calm down casanova, he is probably on his way over here. I bet you he noticed the huge fight in the backyard."

He was holding an odd rose. Each petal was one of three colors red, white, and black. I bet that is for Alex. Even if they don't see it yet I know something going to happen between them.

"Go to the guest house and rest I will let you know if Alex comes."

"Okay, thanks, Ruby."

Ugg, men don't get a clue. I would have asked him but he wouldn't give me a straight answer(funny). If my plan works this will all end with everyone happy. No, but how the hell do my parents think they could marry me off? I am not going down without a fight but I have to be smart about it. The Alvarez's probably are not too fond of gay people so Valentino and Alex are my priority in this.

Alex hasn't come out to me but I know. I'm like a mother, well to those two I am. Even though they haven't told me, I know and I want to be as supportive as I can. They are not subtle but they won't admit it, Alex has a little blushing problem and Valentino is overprotective. Also, the stories that Alex tells me are so sweet. My favorite ship!

I can't keep them in the dark for long about what I am doing. I'm trying to stop this wedding. The three of us are heirs of three companies. Alex a finance firm, Valentino tech industry, and my agriculture and culinary. If I can get them to drop their sights on partnering the two or refuse to they might drop the wedding. But that's not working so far so I have a plan B, hopefully, it works. I would do anything for those two numbskulls and if this plan works I get to be happy too.

*Back at the gate to the Alvarez estate*

POV: Alex

Okay, I just need to go in. What's the worst that could happen? Before I could open the gate the place was surrounded by news reporters.

"Alex, do you know what just happened? Is the family okay? What are the deets with Valentino and Ruby?"

"Scram you vultures I'm not saying anything!"

I quickly go in slam the gate and lock all fifty-three locks. I only took a few steps in before I noticed how much of a mess I made. The garden is all messed up and there is a hole where I was beating up Evergreen.

After what felt like an eternity of walking I reached the door. For a second I thought I saw Ruby at the side of my line of sight but I guess it was my imagination. I knocked three times on the big door before it opened.

In a second I was lifted off my feet by Valentino. He hugged me so tightly I thought I was going to die of asphyxiation.

"PUT ME DOWN!!!"

He slowly put me down. Once I was on the ground I kicked him right in the coconuts. He went down like a sinking ship.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR PUNCHING ME!"

Valentino slowly got up while gasping for air.

"Yea I know but I want to make it up to you. Alex, I am so sorry I punched you. I will do anything to make it up to you and I hope this is a start."

He hands me a beautiful rose. The petals were in order red, white, and black. It was beautiful.

"Thank you Valentino it is beautiful."

He lifted my chin and saw my scar from the fight. This time I can't pass off the scar as a bad sunburn.

"Alex, what happened are you okay? you have a scar."

"Um, it's nothing."

*voice from the distance*

"AWWWW, HOW CUTE!"

I saw Ruby watching us from the staircase. I immediately hide the flower and punch Valentino in the stomach causing him to fall again.

"Wow, you pack a punch, Alex. Let us wait for him to regain consciousness, we all need to talk."

Art credits for Ruby's design go to Karen (aka Tina) they are an amazing artist much love to them and thank you for the design!!!!