::::: 💫 Chapter 22: starry night 💫 :::::

The thick fog lifted from the room. The power of the mirror faded and things returned to normal. The mirror slowly fell from its spot in the air and into my hand, fog-like steam still flowing out of the sides of the mirror. My head goes into a spin and I lose consciousness.

I wake up soon after soaked in water. The first thing I see as I open my eyes is an empty glass cup over my head. I shot up in a daze and was met with Ruby on the floor laughing hysterically. Right next to her was Valentino crying.

A-"WHAT HAPPENED!!"

In the middle of Ruby's sporadic laughter, she mutters, "He THoUght yOU WerE dEAd!!!"

A-"So why is he crying and why am I wet"

Ruby gets up from the floor wiping tears of laughter from her face.

R-"The mirror started glowing and a bright flash came out of the damn thing. Next thing we know, you are on the floor passed out. You weren't breathing, so Valentino lifted your mask and was about to give you mouth to mouth but he had a tuna and garlic sandwich. So he started crying about it and I just poured my cup of water on you."

A-"Thank you, I'd rather be wet than have to smell his tuna breath."

I slowly got up and walked over to Valentino. I put my hand on the top of his head and lifted it.

A-"Guess what, I am alive! idiot"

R-"Don't be mean he was worried"

I help Valentino up from the floor while I laugh about what just happened. After we all calm down and calm Valentino from his panic attack, Ruby asks me to explain what happened

A-" Well, once the mirror started to glow, the room started to fill with a thick fog. I wasn't able to see anything because the fog was too thick. I called out for you guys but I got no response. Then all of a sudden I saw a figure, from what I could see it was a male, tall, and with black hair. I couldn't see much but one thing I was able to see for sure, were his eyes. They were like mine. His eyes glowed a bright magenta and the next thing I knew my mask was off and my eyes were glowing brightly as well. Then he said, "It's you". After that, I woke up here, soaking wet."

"That's weird, all we saw was a big flash of light, after that, you passed out and I threw water on your face," Ruby said while still giggling at the thought.

"Who was that guy?" Valentino said with a sarcastic voice

A-"I don't know, all I know is that his eyes were just like mine, magenta and glowing."

R-"¡Mira Alejandro, necesitamos encontrar a este hombre y obtener respuestas!"

Translation: look, Alexander, we need to find this man and get answers!!!

A-"HA! Your funny, do you think I know where he is?! I bearly even know what he looks like!"

R-"What about that book of yours? It's better than asking the mirror of death."

A-"You know I'm getting tired of saying that damn phrase. HEY, BOOK OPEN THE HELL UP!!!"

THE BOOK OF THE DAMMED IS AT YOUR COMMAND

BUT IT WOULD HURT TO BE A LITTLE NICER

A-"Sorry, my bad. But, Book has there been a spirit that is a tall male with black hair?"

Yes. By my records, there has only been one male spirit carrier with black hair that is taller than 5'8. His name is Damian the spirit of wrath. He is the fraternal twin of the spirit of refections thus he holds half of the spirit of justice. To this day he would be seventeen years of age. I am sorry to say I don't have much information about him. His sister died at the age of sixteen along with her half of the spirit of justice. Due to her death, my connection to both of them has been severed. The last bit of information I have about him is that around the time of his sister's death, they were around Los Angeles California. I hope this information was helpful to you.

A-"Well damn, our trail has gone cold. What should we do?"

R-"Well I don't know about y'all but imma go home to process all of this."

V-"Yeah let's get going my driver is going to get mad if I keep him waiting too long."

A-"Valentino mind dropping me off I don't wanna make Ruby drive too far."

V-"Sure no problem."

The three of us excited the restaurant after that whole ordeal. As we leave we notice the sun setting and take a while to admire it. Hopefully both Ruby and Valentino are taking the news about my powers well. I am so exhausted from today.

Valentino and I said goodbye to Ruby and headed to the limo where an unhappy chauffeur waited for our arrival. We arrived at the limo that had been baking in the sun all day and knocked on the window. The window rolls down and the chauffeur gives us an annoyed look. Valentino apologizes to him profusely and hands him a bag of food from the restaurant and a cold beverage. The chauffeur gives us a smile and a nod signaling for us to get in.

Valentino opens the door to the limo and I enter with him right behind me. Once the car starts I let out a loud yawn. The restaurant we met Ruby at wasn't far from my house but with LA traffic it was about an hour and a half drive. As we got on the freeway I slowly drifted off to sleep. In my drowsy state, I fell on Valentino's lap and fell asleep.

POV: Valentino (Val)

I noticed Alex falling asleep right as we entered the limo. I was also exhausted from the day we had. But I was unable to fall asleep with all the thoughts running through my head. I found out that Ruby has a girlfriend. I also found out that one of my best friends has been hiding his true face from me. It is a lot to take in all at once, and I don't know how I'm going to deal with it.

Then to my surprise, Alex's head falls on my lap. He was dead asleep. As I watch him sleep on my lap, all I can think of is that I am so lucky that he is in my life. He has been there for me throughout my lonely life in isolation. Without him, I would have gone crazy by now. Even though he doesn't know it, he will always be the most important thing in my life.

I twirl his black hair through my fingers while these thoughts go through my head. I found myself admiring him for the whole car ride. The limo abruptly stops and I find that we have arrived at Alex's home. I nudge him to wake up with no response. I forgot how much of a deep sleeper he is. I tell the driver that I would be right back and I carry Alex in.

I awkwardly knock on the door with Alex in my arms. Miss Cruz opens the door in her pj's and a yawn. I give her an awkward smile and she gives me a shrug and tells me, I know what to do. (this isn't the first time lol) I walk up the stairs and head into Alex's room.

I gently place him on his bed and tuck him in. I softly touched his hair once again and admired how soft it was. Then it started to disappear. Slowly the illusion of hair disappeared and his bandages were revealed. I was surprised by this but then his bandages slowly lifted revealing his real hair. It was beautiful. His hair glowed with the images of galaxies and the stars in it. I lifted his mask to see his face once more. He is still as handsome as ever. I give him a light kiss on his cheek and put back his mask.

"Alex, I love you."