❣❣chapter 19: tears❣❣

I ran and I ran until I was out of breath. Damn, how far away is his house? After an eternity of running, I finally reached the gate just as Valentino was leaving.

A-"VAL!!!"(we are out in public so I have to say, Val)

M-"HEY! Did u get Ruby's text?"

A-"What text?"

He pulled out my phone from his pocket.

M-"You would know if you were more careful with your shit."

I rolled my eyes and took my phone back. I checked my text and there was one from Ruby.

-hey Valentino gives Alex his phone back that you took and tells him that you two need to meet me at the restaurant I have something to show you two- Once I read that I turned around and kicked Valentino in the shin.

M-"OWWW!"

A-"Don't take my shit without asking!"

I grabbed him by his collar and dragged him to the limo because I had just run 3 miles in 20 minutes and I'm beat. I was going to show them all together but I am running out of time. I'm going to do it! So I shove him in the limo and close the door behind us. I say hi to the driver and close the window and press the privacy button.

M-"Dude, what are you doing?"

*PLAY MUSIC NOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE*

Valentino, we have been friends for so long and I have to tell you this. I don't think I will be able to do this later so I'm going to do it now.

Valentino started to blush slightly and he nodded.

M-"Okay go ahead I'm ready."

There was a tear rolling down both my faces at this point.

A-"You need to know, please don't be mad."

He raises my chin.

M-"I won't be mad what is it."

I was holding back tears at this point but I had to do this. I lift my mask. The bonds were weak enough that I could lift almost all of my masks off. My bandages were revealed and slowly came off to reveal my dark black hair. Tears were still rolling down my face. My eyes were glowing brightly from my emotions and crying so much.

A-"Valentino this is my real face. The reason that I have two-"

Before I could finish my sentence Valentino tightly hugged me. He leaned back with his face redder than a tomato studdering out his words.

M-"I don't care what you look like if you have two faces or none."

I couldn't hold it back I started to ball my eyes out. (just like the author while writing this) He looked into my magenta eyes with the most accepting look and my heart melted.

A-"So does this mean you don't care that this is the first time you are seeing my real face?"

M-"Of course not! But why do you have two faces?"

A-"Because I'm not human."

*I told Valentino the whole story about the spirits and why I couldn't tell him*

*Alex excessively crying*

A-"And that's why I couldn't tell you and had to keep secrets. Please forgive me I am so sorry but now I need your help."

He was crying almost as much as I was. He went back in for a hug. I let this one slide again but like next time ask. He hugged me tightly and sat me next to him.

M-"There is no need to apologize. I'll help and we will get Ruby to help too. Also, your eyes are so beautiful. I don't know why but I feel like I'm getting deja vu."

* A different time A different place*

POV. Conner

A-"Conner your eyes are so pretty"

He kissed my forehead and I blushed.

C-"Atlas we have the same colored eyes."

A-"Yes but when you use your powers they glow a purple-blue and my eyes glow green when I use my power."

C-"Technicalities"

DV-"AWWWW the love birds in the cosmic garden. How cute!"

C-"Shut up Deja you know you and your hearts do the same in the halls of time."

A-"Yeah I've walked in on you two rewatching your first date over and over again."

DV-"Shut up. We have been here so long it is nice to go to the past once in a while. She is always so busy writing in the scroll of souls that it's nice when she has a break."

A-"Yeah we have all been so busy it's nice having a bit of time to ourselves. If only we could have a few years to live without our power."

DV-"Well I have been working on a spell that could trap your being in time so it is possible to live without our spirits and powers."

C- "Yeah, but we have jobs to do and without us, things will go south. Thankfully my job includes moving from place to place so I can randomly pop in on the one person I want to see twenty-four."

A- "Yeah if only we could spend that much time together"

Right as we were about to go back to what we were doing we heard a blast. In a few seconds, we heard wings flapping, it was hearts (scribe of hearts).

H- "GUYS! HE ESCAPED"

DV, C, A- "SHIT!!!"

H- "We have to go now! I already let the others know to hurry!"

I quickly grabbed my book and my cloak and started running. But as it was getting close to the exit a pilar collapsed on me and buried me in the rubble. I managed to dig my way out but my leg was still trapped.

*Back in the limo*

A-"Okay, now we need to go see Ruby. What do you think is so important that she needs us there right now?"

M-"I don't know."

On the way there Valentino wouldn't let go of me. It's a bit out of the ordinary for him he usually keeps more to himself. I spent the whole ride pondering if I told him too soon. We got to the restaurant and started to look for Ruby. Where could she be?

R-"GUYS!! OVER HERE!"

We saw Ruby and walked over to her. There was someone next to her.

R-"Guys I want you to meet Joana."

"