Chapter Fourteen

I woke up my eyes to see the ridiculously oversized bear staring directly at me. I was never much interested in stuffed animals and dolls. I thought they were actually quite creep. Their beady little eyes followed you all over the room.

I rolled over but could still feel the eyes staring into my back. I sighed, louder than necessary and sat up. Laying across my bed was a dress.

I was an incredibly light sleeper. How someone had snuck into the room, put something on my bed, and left, all without waking me? It was baffling, and a little frightening. The skillset of these people never ceased to amaze me.

I showered and dressed quickly. The dress was nice. It was a little shorter than I probably would have picked for myself, but was more than I'd worn since I 'moved' down here. It fell just midthigh. The dress itself was red velvet, a material I really wasn't fond of but somehow it seemed to work. A black leather strip ran across the bottom hem of the dress and instead of coming up over my shoulders the straps crossed over my chest diagonally.

I sat on a low backless stool in front of Mia's make up table. The first few days I was here I had put only a small amount of make up on and Mia had about had a cow. She had dolled me up so much I looked practically porcelain and had done so every day since. So today, putting on my own make up was sort of rewarding. I went for, of course, far less than she usually did.

"Aren't you ready yet?" Alessio's voice startled me so badly that I fell off of the makeup stool, dragging the hair curler and the rotating desk mirror to the ground with me.

I looked up at him from my position on the ground. Flat on my back with my feet on the stool I was bright red. My embarrassment only increased when I realized I was granting him a nice peep show. Rather than climb up to my feet which would have on retrospect been a wiser decision, I forced my dress back to its proper position and held it there with my hands.

He didn't even look surprised at my over the top reaction. "It's not like it's something I haven't seen before." He reminded me with hands stuffed in his pockets. "The dress looks nice. Though I do hope you won't sit like that during the concert."

I was red from the tip of my ears to the bottom of my toes. "A gentleman might have offered to help the lady up." I said curtly, trying to sound like a witty badass, even if I didn't look the part at this particular moment.

He shrugged. "Are you ready?"

I pulled my feet from the stool and moved to sit up. "Almost."

"I told you, do not make me wait."

"Yeesh." I grumbled. "It'll take me five minutes."

He sighed and sat down on my bed. We were quiet as I put on a touch of eye liner and slipped on a pair black heels. I'd have much preferred flats. When I left this place I would probably never wear heels again in my life!

"I'm ready." I finally decided while standing in front of the mirror and smoothing my dress out.

"Great." He stood up and I could see him in the mirror now too. I watched his reflection. He didn't even look me over, maybe he had been this entire time.

The Alessio in the mirror pulled a needle from his pocket and plucked the cap off carelessly. I whirled around to face him. "What is that!" I demanded and pointed accusingly.

He'd put the cap in his mouth so when he spoke it came out partially obscured. "A sedative." He replied with half of his mouth.

"Uh. No."