Chapter Forty-Two

***Important Authors Note***

Just a reminder, I will be rewriting a chapter in Alessio's POV and if you haven't done so already cast your vote on which chapter you want to be rewritten. Details were in the author's note of the last chapter. Tell me through comment, private message, or on my wall if you want.

***

His brows shot up. He was clearly surprised at this and I had to admit, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. We had a long stare down exceeding thirty very awkward seconds before he finally looked away. "What?"

"You said you would come find me again. You promised!"

"I'm here aren't I?" He grumbled.

It was obvious the mood in the room had shifted. He had gone from rolling his eyes, scoffing and teasing me to looking at the ground, avoiding confrontation, and backing away with his tail between his legs.

"Two years later Alessio."

"Does it even matter now?" He said in a soft voice.

"Of course it matters!" I yelled and threw my hands into the air again. "I was waiting for you! I was waiting and I ran into situations I thought would bring me you and I became an anchor just so you would know where I was but you never came! It's not like I was hard to find!"

"Enough Katherine." He said and walked past me.

"No! I'm not done with this conversation!"

"I've had a very long day and I am very tired."

"I'm tired of waiting for you!"

"You're being over dramatic."

"I'm not. I waited for two years to see you again. Two years Alessio! And then out of the blue you show up and I'm practically living with you, we're sleeping together, showering together and still nothing. Even now, you're here and I'm still waiting. Waiting for you to just come to me, open up to me, show me I have some reason to even be here with you!"

"I can't!" He yelled and whirled around to face me. "Are you that stupid Katherine? You don't think if it was as simple as just coming to you I wouldn't have done it by now? Fúck!"

I took a few steps backwards, surprised at his tone. "Why isn't it?" I said in a lower voice, trying to calm down.

He glared at me for a few very long minutes before sighing. "I've been selfish. To have you here at all. You need to leave."

"What?"

"I told you already to go, haven't I?"

"Yes, but then you told me to stay." I reminded him.

"That was a mistake. You need to leave. I'm sorry."

"So we're back to that again? You yelling at me and telling me to get out just to turn around and tell me to stay when I try to go. Well I've got news for you Alessio I'm not your yo-yo or some boomerang. I'm not a toy, you can't just throw me down and around and expect me to always keep coming back. Don't shut me out, don't push me away. Talk to me!" I pleaded and took a step towards him. He stepped backwards and I stopped. "I-I don't understand."

"You're a smart girl, figure it out."

"You called me stupid left and right for the last two days, and now all of the sudden I'm a smart girl?"

"Katherine." He groaned. "I don't date." He said finally.

"Oh really? You're such a charming individual I thought you'd have women lined up around the block waiting for you." I said with an eye roll.