.16.

Silence

Silence. Complete silence.

Jimin and I did nothing but stare at the officers standing at the door, waiting for me to voluntarily submit myself. I used those couple of seconds to collect what that officer just said.

My fingerprints... were on that piece of glass. That piece of glass that had killed Taehyung. The piece of glass that I hadn't even seen until I witnessed Taehyung's dead body in my bathtub first thing in the morning the next day. The piece of glass that I made sure to not get anywhere close to so that nothing goes wrong with the investigation. Now that piece of glass got my fingerprints on it, and I had to pay the price of something I obviously didn't do. How did this happen? I don't know, but it did.

"Dr. Sun Hee? May you please accompany us?" The same police officer asked me, and it was so obvious from the way some of them were tapping their foot on the ground that they were starting to become really impatient with us.

Just as I was about to take a step forward, my body was blocked by a stiff, muscular arm. Jimin's. His fists were clenched really hard to the point that the veins in his arms protruded and so did the ones on his neck due to him clenching his jaws too.

"Jimin," The one of the officers said," You know you can't do that."

"Jimin". They must he friends for him to address him that way. On second thoughts, his face didn't look extremely unfamiliar to me. I did, in fact, see him before somewhere, but my brain just couldn't make out where.

Jimin was breathing heavily, angrily, as his eyes pierced through the cop that was standing in front of us. They were both glaring at each other, their eyes looking fierce and determined to show the other that things are going the way each of them want them to be. I was standing in the middle awkwardly,not knowing what to do or where to go. It was in my intention to give myself up because I knew very well that fighting back or arguing wasn't really going to solve anything or change my status in that case, and if it did, then it was only going to make it worse, so I really didn't know what Jimin was trying to do here.

"She isn't going anywhere," He let out fiercely through gritted teeth. At that,the other officers were going to start walking towards us, causing Jimin's body to tense up even more, but then a slight gesture from the cop who seemed to know Jimin sent them all still again. The officer started walking towards Jimin with slow steps, his eyes still not looking anywhere but at Jimin's. Soon enough, the two of them were standing in front of each other, really close, their facial expressions as intimidating as they possibly could be. I could tell how that cop must have felt. He simply wanted to do his job and Jimin was turning something that should have been really simple into a complicated task and that cop wasn't having it.

My eyes couldn't skip the way the two of them stared into each other with anger as though they were imagining how it would feel like to take out their guns and shoot each other on the spot. I could already see the cop poking the inside of his cheek with the tip of his tongue, causing the other external side of his cheek to protrude slightly only to make him look more intimidating, and attractive if I can say that,even though it wasn't really the time for it.