.30.

The two of us got out of the cab at a very remote place

The two of us got out of the cab at a very remote place. Hoseok let out some cash and paid the taxi driver before thanking him for his service. Something about our presence in such a remote and relatively dark place made my heart clench, and seeing the driver drive his cab away made my heart sink into my stomach.

That was it. There was no turning back. My last source of rescue was gone and I was completely one on one with Hoseok. I stood with my hands clutched together as a mixture of nervousness and fear conquered my body. Hoseok let out his hand to grab my arm as though it was second nature to him to drag me around whenever we go somewhere, but realized pretty quickly what he was about to do so he backed his arm away and cleared his throat.

The two of us stood in an awkward silence, not knowing where to look or what to say. Whatever situation we were in at the moment was anything but normal. A couple of minutes ago I was having a fit about how I was disappointed in him and now I'm standing with someone who is of potential risk to my life in a remote space of his choice.

A sane Sun Hee would've have put herself in such a situation, but that Sun Hee was long gone ever since Taehyung died anyway, so why not.

He cleared his throat one more time before looking at me and gesturing me to move forward with his hands awkwardly," shall we advance, I mean, move?"

I fought to not let a smile escape at his mistake. His nervousness made my heart a little bit more at ease, mainly because I was used to the confident, cocky side of him, and now he was acting like a gentleman on a first date and it was somewhat an adorable sight to see.

He seems almost.... Normal. Too normal. Yet this moment feels extremely surreal. How so? Maybe that was his charm.

The two of us walked in silence along a path bordered on both sides by a line of trees until we reached what looked like a playground. Everything there was old and rusty, except for a swing of two seats, kept completely preserved in the middle of the playground. I eyed Hoseok with a frown as he walked towards it and just sat there, his fingers wrapped around the metallic chains of the swing tenderly.

I got confused at how the swing was built. It's framework was wooden but the actual swing had metallic chains and that was a weird combination for swings since they were either entirely wooden or entirely metallic, but I brushed it off.

I walked slowly around a seesaw I found, my hand caressing the horse shaped seat which left a heavy trail of dirt on my hand and a loud echo of creaks. The place seemed quite familiar to me, and I felt a rush of sudden nostalgia run through my body but then again, all playgrounds looked like this.

"Come here. Have a seat," I heard Hoseok say out of nowhere, which got me quite frozen," if you want of course, it's not like I care whether or no-"

"Why is it that everytime you choose to be nice that you immediately back up?" I said while walking towards him then took a seat," It's not bad to be nice."