.23.

"Jimin?" He asked me, his eyebrows raised in amusement," Officer Park Jimin? Your friend?"

His tone caused a serious case of anxiety to sprout in me and I gulped. It wasn't the first time I heard someone's tone change the moment Jimin's name got mentioned and it did make me feel restless for sure.

"Yes," I said, my voice cracking in the middle due to my difficulty breathing," I'd like to go see him."

He let out a scoff and backed away slightly, giving my body a bit more space than it initially had, making it feel a bit cooler than it had previously. I looked up into his eyes as he stared down at me, but I couldn't read his thoughts.

A smile started forming on his face and it gradually turned into a laugh. I couldn't really grasp what exactly was funny in that situation, but it only scared me more than it did confuse me because I knew for sure that it would be something serious if Hoseok had laughed about it.

"I hope you aren't looking forward to speaking to him about something important," He said after calming down a bit," Or speaking in general."

What?

At that, my eyes widened and it felt as though there was no oxygen reaching my brain. My whole body felt numb, but the only thing that seemed to ache like never before was my heart. It felt as though it had wanted to break free from its captivity and find its way back to its sole owner, but it couldn't, so it cried and ached instead.

"W-wh-" I stammered, my brain finds it difficult to formulate words any longer," What do you mean?"

I knew very well what it meant. It meant that he wasn't alright, but what kind of 'not alright' was he? There were so many meanings behind those two words, way too many in fact, but although it could be one of the simpler meanings, my mind decided to bet on the most complex ones, and it only terrified me more.

The expression on Hoseok's face tore my insides, made me want to forget what it meant to be a human just so that I could show him how I truly felt towards him. My whole existence only ever dwelled on Jimin's existence in the same world I was living in. I couldn't even imagine a life without him mainly because I didn't know any other life than mine. He was the only person in my life too, so losing him probably meant that I will lose the source of comfort, company, and support that kept me going all these years, and I didn't know if I would be able to go on the same way without it.

Just then I remembered what Hoseok had told me back when we were at the hospital," I'll make sure to come near Jimin, so you should make sure to stab my heart out of my body."

No.

I felt my body tremble slightly as tears started to accumulate in my eyes, causing my vision to go blurry, and my chest to heave as I struggled to take my breath. Hoseok just stood there in front of me, looking way too amused than he should be, which managed to anger me more.