.22.

I felt my fingers flinch at the feeling of them being in contact with a strange, warm liquid causing my eyebrows to furrow and my fingers to retreat backward into a firm fist

I felt my fingers flinch at the feeling of them being in contact with a strange, warm liquid causing my eyebrows to furrow and my fingers to retreat backward into a firm fist. The feeling of wetness spread onto my cheeks, making me squirm in my sleep and shift backward on the mattress before my body finally shot upward in fright.

Nothing.

The mattress was completely spotless with nothing but the original snowflakes and reindeer patterns decorating its sheets all over. I let a sigh of relief escape my mouth as I ran a hand through my hair, tugging at it slightly in the process in an attempt of relieving my headache. My hand stopped midway in its path when I realized that the pattern of the bedsheets wasn't familiar, not the slightest bit. I immediately let my hand down and started looking around, feeling extremely alerted at how unfamiliar that place was. My first thought was to run to a window and observe my surroundings, but I got extremely surprised at the fact that I wasn't taken to a secluded place, rather a very familiar place in the middle of the typical buzz of business days.

Just as I was about to run to the door, it opened slowly and revealed Hoseok standing in the same attire he wore when he visited me at the hospital except that he no longer had his black leather jacket on. I put a hand against the bedpost for support, as though it was going to do me any good in that situation, and shifted myself closer to it slowly as I felt my breathing get heavy.

The way he was just standing there in between the door frames staring at me while I stared back at him was quite intimidating because I couldn't understand how his brain worked or what he had planned to do. The awkward yet tense silence was the only tie we both shared, and it was the only thing that kept the two of us still standing on opposite sides of the room, but it didn't seem like he was set on keeping it for longer.

"You seem well," He said, his face lacking any forms of emotion. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and gulped hard, still feeling very uncertain of what would happen between the two of us.

"Where am I? What's this place?" I asked him as calmly as I possibly could, if you would call gripping tightly on the bedpost in that situation calm.

He finally started advancing forward towards the other end of the bed, his eyes never leaving mine as he moved with slow strides. The more he got closer, the more I started getting even more scared. His presence had this strange aura to it, very dangerous yet very attractive. His every movement felt planned, carefully calculated. Every stride he took forward made him look like he was gliding smoothly on the air beneath his feet, making him appear powerful. Perhaps what added up to his aura was his odor; he smelled of burnt ashes. Surprisingly enough, as peculiar and excruciatingly awful as his odor was, it also made you want to come closer to breathe in more of it and you can never get enough; it was numbing.

Maybe that was why I found my grip on the bedpost loosening up gradually the closer he got to the bed, to me.

I let a deep breath exit my mouth as I looked away, already feeling his hypnotizing effect creeping up on me. I clenched my jaws against each other as I tried to keep my eyes fixed on the floor beneath me and not on him as he stood there staring at me.