.6.

I felt my heart freeze when I heard a familiar melody play and a slight vibration followed against my thighs

I felt my heart freeze when I heard a familiar melody play and a slight vibration followed against my thighs. My phone: it was ringing. I didn't know why I got so terrified at the sound of ringtone, but the thought of this Hoseok guy was doing something to my heart. No one was ever capable of intimidating me, but for some unknown reason, Hoseok was doing this task very professionally. To me, just the fact that he existed was intimidating. I didn't like it, but there was nothing I could about it.

I pulled out my ringing phone from my tight pocket very slowly, hoping that the caller ID didn't spell 'Unknown'. Unfortunately, the word 'Unknown' was sprawled wide and clear across my phone screen and I couldn't do anything but think about my next step very carefully and thoroughly. The chances that the caller was Hoseok were very slim, but they did exist, so I wasn't willing to take any chances. However, something in me wanted it to be him, and that same something was pushing me into wanting to answer him and have a talk, even though it would risk me a lot of things. I clenched my jaws then swiped the green button to the right and reluctantly raised the phone to my ears.

"H-hello?" I said first, heart beating like drums during festival nights.

"Sun Hee, it's me. Jimin," I heard and just the sound of his voice made my whole body relax. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and allowed my body to collapse.

"Jimin," I let out a sigh of relief," Why is your number registered as unknown on my phone? I remember calling you before."

"I'm sorry. My phone ran out of charge, and I had to call you urgently," He said, and I smiled for no absolute reason.

"What is up?" I asked him.

"I can't speak over the phone about this. I just wanted to ask you if you are free today after your work at uni is over. I wanted to talk to you privately. Maybe we can hang out at a cafe, or better yet at your house or mine," He said, so I furrowed my eyebrows then pulled out the paper that had my whole day planned out.

I skimmed through it then said," Yeah, I'm free. I guess? We can meet at six at my house if that is better for you."

"Yeah it is better. I'm sorry for bothering you. I know you are busy and stuff, I just-" I heard but interrupted him.

"No no don't apologize! You are welcome to call me at anytime. See you at six," I said before hearing him say, "alright," and hanging up.

I put my phone down on my desk in relief and reviewed my schedule a bit more carefully to make sure that I was actually free. There was a meeting scheduled for me to attend, but it was going to end before six anyway, so it was alright. I put that paper away before resuming my work. I had loads of papers to read and a lot more to score.

Every now and then my mind would drift off to what Jimin had to tell me. He was a friend of mine ever since middle school. Not only that, but he was also a police officer in a nearby station, so I kind of guessed what he had to talk to me about, but I still felt a bit curious. Time passed really slowly and it felt like pure torture. I kept on checking the time almost every passing minute, and it felt like my work hours weren't bound to end any time soon, so instead of bothering myself, I decided to keep myself busy by focusing on what I had to do.