.4.

The patient and I kept on staring at each other for what felt like forever, silence dominating over the both of us

The patient and I kept on staring at each other for what felt like forever, silence dominating over the both of us. While Ms. Bon Hwa was just looking deep into my eyes and clenching my hands, probably hoping that I would end up believing her, I was busy processing that one fact that shocked me.

Jung Hoseok was a murderer.

As Ms. Bon Hwa said, there will be no way to pin the charges on him since Hoseok probably never touched him, so any form of DNA or just proof in general that strengthens Ms. Bon Hwa's statement didn't exist. Not to mention that the place was secluded and there were probably no surveillance cameras around to capture the moment Hoseok hypnotized the man and ordered him to kill himself. If there is no way to prove Ms. Bon Hwa's statement, then the case will eventually be sealed as a suicide case and Ms. Bon Hwa will make it to the newspaper headlines in the worst way possible.

"Ms. Kim Bon Hwa," I suddenly said which made her grip on my hands tighten and her eyes opened even wider.

I contemplated whether I should support her with this or not, considering that there is nothing to prove the two of us right, even though I did believe her.

I gulped before deciding to look back into her eyes and held her hands with the same amounts of force that she held mine and said," I believe you. I really do."

The moment she heard those words exit my mouth, she let out a deep breath and her body went loose. It was like her muscles were waiting for those three words to set them free. She covered her mouth with her hands and allowed her tears to fall silently.

"Thank you Doctor Sun Hee! Thank you so much!" She cried out, but they came out muffled due to her hands.

"I know the killer. Not personally, but I've heard of him before. The problem that we will face now though is that the police officer and the detective out there won't find a reason to believe us. We need solid evidence against him if we want him to get caught," I said and she instantly removed her hands away from her mouth, exposing her tear stained face.

"H-how do you know the killer?" She asked me, arms still trembling.

"No it isn't anything like what you think. A couple of days back I saw a vide-" I said but then paused at the realization.

I got solid evidence right there! The video that proves Ms. Bon Hwa's theory right! It literally shows Hoseok performing hypnosis on a man the same way Ms. Bon Hwa described what she saw in her statement!

"The video! That's it! That's the evidence I'm looking for!" I suddenly shouted then stood up and ran to the door. I twisted the door knob aggressively and opened the door very rapidly, only to find a surprised police officer and a detective.

"I know who the killer is!" I shouted, making them look at each other with raised eyebrows.

"And I have evidence," I added to which they nodded at me. They followed me into the patient's room and just stood there.