.32.

"Would you say it was all a coincidence? How you all ended up being connected?"

"Isn't life all about fate and destiny? Or do people like us not have destiny connect them to those they pursue_"

"So you do admit to coordinated association?"

*silence*

"There is a lot more to us than mere blood_" 

***************

I dragged my body forward, all lifeless, soulless; my feet shuffling against the soil beneath it. On contrary to popular theatrical belief, one would assume that shuffling would add a dramatical element to the scene, thus encouraging me to embrace my shock, but that wasn't the case. The ground was slimy and all pebbly with twigs scattered around, some sticking out, looking as sharp as thorns awaiting their next victims. Therefore it was safe to say that the walk wasn't pleasant, and it wasn't that I expected it to be. But, I had thought that my body was numb enough to not feel a thing. I felt it all.

I tripped, I felt every twig, every pebble. Every ounce of physical pain. It was all too clear, too real, and it didn't make sense. It shouldn't have. Because all it took for me to fall down to my knees was for reality to slap me across the face.

I killed everyone. Everyone is dead, and I'm still breathing. And it's all my fault.

I pulled my shaking hands up to my hair and grabbed it tight, my body rocking back and forth hastly against my knees that were by then oblivious to the pebbles they rested upon. A few whimpers found their way in between irregular breaths, and they kept reoccuring until they exited as rough screams. Screams that contained years worth of pain and suffering, the pain of losing everything at once.

One of my hands started beating at my head involuntary. All the hitting and screaming, all that in complete darkness and solitude, no witnesses but the moon, the stars, the trees, and whatever echo has reached the playground at the end of the road. There was no response whatsoever to my breakdown, no arms to hold me, no eyes to tear up for me, no words to put down the fire that has risen within me, not even a slight gush of wind from nature to dry my tears. Nothing. I was all on my own.

Or so I had thought.

I felt a pair of  cold hands holding both my wrists and pulling my arms away from my head slowly, gently. I looked up only to find a pair of teary eyes looking down into mine, a pair I've grown to detest in the past hour or so, but they were the only pair that looked at me with some form of emotion other than pity, so I accepted them momentarily. He dropped down to his knees slowly and moved a hand to my cheek, landing softly against my trembling skin.