.14.

The loud slamming of the door made my whole body flinch, causing a tear to lose balance and slide down my cheeks

The loud slamming of the door made my whole body flinch, causing a tear to lose balance and slide down my cheeks. My lips started quivering at the thought that Jimin was seriously mad at me, that I was going to have to witness what I thought I wouldn't have to see again: a 15 year old Jimin breaking down because of life. Last time he broke down I couldn't help myself from crying, because he did so while standing at the edge of a bridge, his body a second away from falling into nothingness.

The thought of Jimin driving back to the same bridge scared me to the core, so I had no choice but to run after him. I was in nothing but my pyjamas and slippers, and of course my hair was the messiest it could ever be, but I couldn't care any less. All I had in mind was to reach Jimin before he even enters my car. I slammed my apartment's door shut behind me and then summoned the elevator. It was going down from the tenth floor and I couldn't wait that long, so I ditched it and ran down the stairs as fast as I could instead. Fortunately, I was capable of reaching Jimin while he was starting the car, so I stood in front of it, not giving him space to start driving.

He gave me a frustrated look then kept on punching the horns repeatedly at me in an attempt of showing me how pissed off he was at me and that I better get out of his sight before he runs me over with my car, but I wouldn't budge.

"Jimin!" I shouted at him over the loud sounds of the horns, leaving him only more frustrated.

"Get out of my sight!" He shouted, his face turning red with anger.

"I'm not leaving you!" I shouted back, my eyes filling up with tears at the way I was witnessing Jimin transform into his old self. I really did think we passed that level a long time ago, but it seemed that there was always this one instant where a person feels tired and just wants to be what he used to be.

He exited the car and slammed the door as strong as he could, then walked towards me with fast, long strides. His hand grasped my wrist very tightly and soon I was being pulled harshly back to my apartment. The way back up the stairs was like torture to me, not because I was being pulled along harshly, but because I had no idea what Jimin was planning to do. He never actually tried harming me, so I wished that this time won't be the first.

The moment we reached my apartment, he kicked the door shut with his heel and then threw me aggressively against the wall. I winced at the strong contact between my shoulder blade and the wall, but all my pain faded away when he trapped me in between his body and the wall.

"Why are you triggering me?" He asked me, his hair falling down on his now dark eyes. I didn't know how scary he was when he was angry so the sight in front of me was definitely a first for me.

"I-" I tried to answer but my voice got stuck in my throat along with all the air that I breathed a second ago. I didn't want to admit it back then, but the way he eyed me with anger was kind of attractive. It lot something in me, and I didn't like it because then I would've had to break the promise that Jimin and I made to each other when we were kids.