.26.

I hung my head low and closed my eyes as I felt the tingling sensation of hot water drizzling on my shoulders and down my spine

I hung my head low and closed my eyes as I felt the tingling sensation of hot water drizzling on my shoulders and down my spine. My hands were swiping my hair backward as I let the water soak it completely, causing it to stick together and form separate batches of waves hanging down my head and falling just right on top of my shoulder.

After a long time of being stuck in a ward, and seeing and hearing things that my mind couldn't process, it felt as though there was a hole dug into my brain, preventing it from undergoing any form of critical thinking. Fortunately, there was no better place to get the blood rushing up to my brain and refreshing my system other than the shower, just not necessarily in Hoseok's bathroom.

It was a big step for me to take, stripping in his bathroom and trusting that I was going to be safe in there while I stir things around in my head, but I had no other choice but to do that. If I was entrusting my safety to him, if I was going to follow his lead, then I had to break the tension slightly between the two of us, especially that he, indeed, had kept his promise and took me to see Jimin.

However, that certainly didn't mean that I was going to let my guard down too low, especially not when I still didn't know what he had in mind, but I was hoping for the best. After all, I would still have to take a shower one day, so might as well take it while I'm needing it the most.

As time passed while I was in there, the water had started to become even hotter, too hot to the point that it stung my skin but soon enough, I had grown numb to it. By that time, I had already done showering, but my train of thoughts took off, leaving me standing there with a pair of closed eyes and a relaxed body as the water poured down on me.

What does it mean?

Whatever is happening to me right now, is as real as it ever could be, but how did it all happen in the first place? The murder that shouldn't have happened, the crime that followed after, the escape, and Jimin getting badly injured.  All the following could be traced back to my involvement with Hoseok, but what did Jimin have to do with all of this? Was it pure coincidence or a consequence of something I had done? Could it have been Hoseok, except that Hoseok wouldn't have spared me only to harm Jimin despite us having an agreement based on mutual benefit.

None of it made sense, as to why Hoseok would want to pin a murder on me and then help me run away, neither did the possibility of him being the one to harm Jimin that way. The person who harmed Jimin most probably had something against him, whether personally or professionally, but it didn't matter. The nature of their cursed relationship didn't matter at all, but what did was the fact that I have to find that person and make them realize that they should've known better than to mess with him.

I felt my breath go unsteady as I heard Hoseok's aggressive knocking on the bathroom door as his muffled voice vibrated against the walls of the bathroom after I turned off the faucet.

"Are you planning on carrying your funeral in my bathroom or something?" I heard him shout as I hurriedly put on my clothes," Because trust me, the easiest thing I could do is throw your body into a swamp if you are thinking of pulling something off."