.28.

"Now, step back while I make my move," Hoseok said before pushing me behind his back slightly

"What mov-" I let out before hearing two, consecutive loud thuds coming from the metal doors ahead which led me to scream.

"Hush!" He whisper yelled before covering my mouth with his palm, his face showing signs of severe annoyance. It probably felt like he had been asked to let a child accompany him while he was working a nine to five shift, but in my defense, I'm technically an amateur in being both a murderer and a discreet runaway, so this whole suspenseful atmosphere wasn't really something I came across a lot in my life.

I mouthed a slight "sorry" to him as he retreated his hands away from my mouth slowly then cleared my throat, trying to be careful with how loud the sound came out. Not too long after Hoseok had given that door two blows with his feet, we heard it creak open, revealing a man dressed in all black and nicely slicked hair.

"Hey!" He suddenly yelled causing me to flinch. Hoseok however was quite unfazed, leaving me even more puzzled, but it wasn't really the strangest thing I would see today for sure, so I didn't give it much thought.

"Did I not tell you to not kick that door the last time?? Huh?? Do you want a beating??" He continued yelling.

Hoseok's lack of reaction to that man got me thinking that he might get himself beat up for real. and trust me I was more worried about myself than I was about him because it was all his fault to begin with. Not only that, but I was just informed a couple of minutes ago that we were standing in front of a building that had some of the most corrupted people in South Korea, so only god knows whether or not there were some hitmen smuggled in that building.

"We-we're so sorry. We'll just-" I was interrupted by Hoseok's index finger near my lips, gesturing me to shut up without even glancing at me.

"You know what, that's it. You'll be paying for all the damages you've done to the door. Look at all those indents for God's sake!" The man spoke angrily before opening the door wide," Come inside."

Hoseok held my wrist and pulled me alongside him into whatever was behind that door. I was still shook to my core, and the proof was the clutch I had on Hoseok's forearm as I hid protectively behind him while we advanced. Never did I ever think I would come this close to him voluntarily, but there I was, entrusting my safety to a murderer. The strangest thing, however, was the feeling of trust and safety that I felt inside. It was almost as though I was walking behind the brother I never had, waiting for him to beat up the guys that had upset me in school. A feeling I had never felt except with Jimin, yet I was experiencing with a person who could most probably be leading me to my death.

"I get you are scared, but my arm is terrified at the thought of dying. Please spare them and kill me instead," I heard Hoseok whisper to me, causing my face to turn into a hot, red mess after seeing how hard I was clutching his arm.