.9.

Jimin and I sat in that cafe for nearly three hours, talking, laughing and catching up with each other's lives

Jimin and I sat in that cafe for nearly three hours, talking, laughing and catching up with each other's lives. It had been so long since I last had an actual conversation with him and of course, he didn't fail to make me laugh. He was such a charmer, and I had to admit that if he wasn't like a brother to me, I would've ended up dating him.

"So I tried to excuse myself without hurting anyone, but just as I was about to descend my chair, I hit my head against one of the pans they hung for decoration and of course that made me stumble and I fell from the chair head first," He recalled with me one of the situations he had been through with chairs. Ever since we were young, Jimin and all the chairs around the world had this mutual relationship based on utter hatred and competition. It was either the chair lives or Jimin does, and of course, most of the time, the chair was the one that ended up alive.

Sometimes, Jimin would reenact some scenarios that happened to him, or how he fell off a certain chair (because every fall was different from the other) and I would scream from the amounts of laughter. I had to wipe my tears which fell due to how hard I was laughing at Jimin and his jokes. It had been a very long time since I had last laughed that much, and so I was grateful towards him for making me feel that way again.

Just like the old days. We would laugh for hours, and even after we go back to our orphanage, we would still remember those jokes and laugh on our own on our beds.

"I swear, I don't even know why thi-" Jimin was going to say, but suddenly paused and pulled his phone out of his pocket. The moment he saw the caller ID, his expression flipped and he looked scared, then he immediately accepted the call without any delay.

It seemed as though he was being scolded because he parted the phone away from his ear a bit and grimaced.

"I'm sorry. I didn't have it w-" He tried to say but it seemed as though the person on the other line interrupted him.

I put down the handkerchief that I was using to wipe my tears as I saw Jimin lower his head and apologize to the person on the other line before ending the call with a solemn expression on his face.

"I'm sorry Sun Hee. I wish I can continue this hang out with you, but apparently they kept on calling my name repeatedly on my walkie talkie and I didn't answer. Seems like there is a serious case going on and I need to head back to the station," He said before taking his wallet out and calling for the waiter.

"The bill please," he said to the middle-aged man before turning his attention back to me and wearing his brown, leather jacket hurriedly.

"You will be alright on your own for the night?" he asked, but all I could do was nod with knitted eyebrows, not knowing how to react to the sudden apology.

"As I said, I'll be sleeping over at your house for now, so don't worry. You won't spend the whole night alone. I don't know when I'll be back though, so if you feel tired, just go ahead and sleep, alright?" He told me while giving the money to the waiter and then stood up to leave.