.7.

The atmosphere between the two of us was extremely tense, and it made me so uncomfortable

The atmosphere between the two of us was extremely tense, and it made me so uncomfortable. Jimin and I were never in such a situation before, where he was the cop and I was the victim, so everything was relatively new to the both of us. I wasn't used to the serious side of him because he was the type of person to always joke around, and he wasn't used to the intimidated side of me, mainly because nothing was ever capable of getting me intimidated.

His eyes were fixated on me. I could tell that he was concerned, deeply concerned. In contrast to his, my eyes were wandering everywhere but him. My palms were getting really sweaty and itchy, and I didn't like it, so I ended up rubbing both my hands against my pants.

"Sun Hee," He said, succeeding in grabbing my attention," You have to tell me everything you know if you want me to help you."

I gulped then looked back down. So that was how Ms. Bon Hwa felt when she had to tell me what she saw. I didn't know why I was feeling scared and I couldn't find a reason to why I was so reluctant to let Jimin know what I knew.

"Sun Hee," He said, tone more solemn and determined," Please."

I looked into his eyes, contemplating whether or not I should tell him about everything. I knew that Jimin wasn't the type to talk without thinking, and that he wouldn't end up spilling everything I told him. Even though it was too late, I still didn't want to disclose any more information to anyone else. I had no idea how that detective knew all this information, but the only possible conclusion I could draw from this was that he was eavesdropping.

"Jimin," I let out and stared off onto the floor in front of me.

"Yes?" He said and shifted himself a bit closer, waiting for any form of information to come out of my mouth.

I felt as though there was a lump stuck in the middle of my throat, so I had to gulp it down to be able to speak.

"I know nothing about Hoseok," I let out.

Jimin closed his eyes and let out a sigh of frustration.

"Sun Hee," He said in frustration.

Before he could continue what he was about to say, I said," I really know nothing about him. I've only seen him in one video and that is a-"

"You mean the video that doesn't even exist?" He asked me.

We both stared at each other for some time. I didn't know how to feel about this. The intensity of his stare awakened something in me. I didn't know what it is, but it felt bad. For a moment, I didn't feel intimidated or scared. I wanted to bust my way out of this and tell the whole world that I had nothing to do with all of this. I wanted to make it clear that my only involvement in this issue was that I was the therapist of the traumatized witness and that was it. Jimin seemed like he was willing to do what it takes to know everything that I knew. I had no idea why he was so determined to getting such information from me, but I decided to not give him my full trust even though he was the closest person to my heart. That was what my life had taught me. Sometimes, the closest people to your heart are the first to stab you in the back, and so I wasn't going to take any chances.