𝟛𝟙 - ℙ𝕒𝕤𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕗𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕤

Remus had been avoiding Ophelia

Remus had been avoiding Ophelia. This Ophelia was sure of. Even if it wasn't made obvious because they sometimes had to share words, like in Potions class where they sat directly next to each other; Ophelia just knew something wasn't right. Anytime they had the opportunity to study together, Remus had managed to create an excuse and leave. At first, Ophelia thought he was being truthful, such as getting detentions for pranks. But then when she visited Minnie at a time Minnie was running detention and spotted Remus wasn't there, she then knew he was lying.

Three weeks had passed since their small confrontation in the library; at least Ophelia thought it had been small since Remus had apologised almost instantly. But Remus must have had other ideas and Ophelia was devastated.

She missed their conversations about books they'd read.

She missed how intelligently he would explain anything.

She missed how he would sneak a block of chocolate to her in the middle of potions.

She missed that deep chuckle he would make after a joke.

But most of all, she missed his eye contact. Ever since the library incident he refused to keep eye contact with Ophelia. Maybe he believed Ophelia wouldn't notice this; but Ophelia really did notice everything, especially when it came to how others were feeling.

Right now, they were both sat listening intently in Potions. Slughorn was explaining the theory side of how a Beautification Potion would work, the students therefore writing down notes. Any conversation Ophelia attempted to begin with Remus was short lived, similar to all of the ones they'd had over the past few weeks.

"Now, feel free to discuss between yourselves the negatives of using a Beautification Potion." Slughorn spoke with that usual extra chirpiness.

Ophelia turned to speak with Remus, but Remus had already left to sit with Peter and Sirius.

"You seem to have lost one of your worshippers McGonagall." The deep and slow voice was easily recognisable to Ophelia, bringing her out of her short moment of despair.

"Severus, I forget you're in this class." Ophelia turned to see the long haired boy was stood next to her desk, a notebook clasped in his hands.

"That is because I do not feel the need to make my presence unbearably known."

"But regardless of that, you're incredible at potions you should speak more." Ophelia offered her usual friendly smile, something Severus had finally began to get used to seeing.

"I wouldn't want to make the rest of this class look like the bunch of dunderheads that they frankly are." Severus spoke flatly, no change in the tone of his voice. This, mixed with the comment itself, caused Ophelia to laugh.

"Why is Snivellus with Ophelia." Sirius spoke in a whisper a few tables away from the pair.

"Why is Snivellus making her laugh, he's not funny." Peter spoke next, his last comment causing Sirius to bark in laughter.