Battlefield Business

A month of working with Lumine and Childe in the vicinity has been a norm since then. Astrea managed to let go of the previous incident with him, keeping things professional and unbiased during commissions. It was good enough that he would prefer seeing her outside the apartment than the usual tea time. The Cryo warrior noticed how their apartment has been less lively without his presence and constant yapping about his hometown and family members. Trying not to remember details about him is proven to be impossible.

"Collecting investigation materials has never been so fun with an endless fighting here and there. I envy you." Childe casually commented with a malicious glint coming from his eyes.

"I don't think a Fatui diplomat would want to do menial tasks. Excuse me while I just go and fight some Hilichurls to secure the Cor Lapis crates." Astrea retorted coldly.

"Alright done. Wait a second is that yet another Ruin Guard? I thought 10 was enough. Brb again Childe." The warrior ran off alone and devised a strategy to take them all down. Wielding a personalized claymore that was made with ancient carvings and spells, Astreanova had no problem finishing them off.

Tartaglia crossed his arms and quietly observed their fighting moves from afar. They looked effortless yet brutal at the same time. Only with an intention to murder and destroy everything in their vicinity. Slowly he had wondered of how exhilarating it would be to face this particular comrade on his own. One with a Cryo vision, another who had no vision at all.

Although with young talent comes a huge death flag looming on their heads. Ajax is one of the young prodigies of Snezhnaya after all. While every other boys in the city were playing with sticks and stones, video games or talking about getting a girlfriend, he was busy taking down enemies twice as big as himself. He had a huge family to come back to and even then, his existence posed more troubles to the head of the family compared to his other siblings. The bloodlust that could not be contained forced his father to send him to the Fatui camps, which he singlehandedly destroyed.

Everyone feared his name back in Snezhnaya. Even so, Tartaglia continued to write letters to his family every month without fail. He couldn't risk losing family ties that he revered the most, despite doing the dirty job.

"Hey Astrea! I spotted some more of the crates over there!" Lumine hollered from afar.

"Let's go get them Hilichurls first, I'll do it for you Lumine. Stand back." Astrea responded and immediately teleported to one of the crates, slaying the Hilichurls.

"Wow Paimon thinks she works fast." Paimon commented. Lumine smiled and nodded.

Astrea noticed it's been a while since they fought for someone. Precisely it has been roughly 4 years since the death of her family and first love. Looking at Lumine made her realize what if her childhood friend was here instead.

Noticing Childe in the background once in a while however, can be rather unsettling. He seemed to be plotting something but nobody knows what it is. Knowing that he is one of the Fatui made it even more suspicious.

What if he suddenly charges at me or Lumine and killing us was in his plan all along? Am I able to do two things at once? I can risk Lumine getting hurt. Besides, I don't even know how powerful he is.

Yet Lumine and Paimon told her that Childe is harmless. He might work for the bad guys, but he's not a bad guy. Who knows?

It was then the Warmonger's heart slowly sank at the fact that in order to keep up appearances, she too have been friendly with a Fatui during the period of working together. Astrea stopped tailing behind them all of a sudden, leaving both Lumine and Paimon a bit puzzled. Childe on the other hand was way ahead of the two.