The Wayward Path

Astrea found herself residing in the same nightmare she perpetually loathed and cursed about. She recalled the details she saw that night, coming back from the woods of eternal damnation. The 14 year old fought for her life to break free from the possession and ran back to the city, only to realize chaos had befallen every nook and cranny of the area.

The sight of the Fatui brutally murdering citizens had never left her mind ever since. Women and children were no exception. She hid herself in the cupboard of her room, greatly hoping both of her parents would come back and seek for her after the war but they never came. Later it was revealed that both of them fought the war as warriors and became martyrs in the face of a certain Foul Legacy transformation.

Astrea began choking on her tears, realizing how empty her house had been after her parents left. The fight was brutal and lasted for 3 days and she saw a glimpse of the monster who massacred a number of people in Antares. Hatred and vengeance filled her heart as the snow poured down ceaselessly that night. Her childhood friend disappeared and was declared to be dead.

The Tsaritsa granted the 14 year old a Cryo vision despite her own will. Astrea haven't been the type to need a vision, as she wanted to be a musician alongside Aliyah being the vocalist. The two were the kind of duo who could sing and play musical instruments together and be in sync with one another. Hence The Snezhnayan Song of Ice and Love was born between the two.

The Warmonger woke up abruptly and choked on her tears before forcing herself to sleep again. She recalled the good times before she realized he was the Harbinger with the Foul Legacy transformation. Alas, memories of him residing in her place and the intense and crazy sex they had was impossible to forget. On top of that the blood oath he forced onto her didn't make things better. Deep down she knew it was one of his numerous ways to seek power. Tartaglia is greedy in a sense that he have always wanted it all.

No matter how painful it is, I must pull though.

Tartaglia's execution must be halted for this investigation to go on.

It was the day the Eleventh Harbinger decided to take time off from his Fatui work and informed Zhongli he would finish commissions with Astrea instead. The black haired man didn't ask too many questions about it, noticing that the Fatui boy seemed rather desperate.

"Morning, comrade Astrea." Ajax showed up on her doorstep, smiling wide. Astrea raised an eyebrow.

"Good morning, Childe. Now if you excuse me-"

He took a step closer to her and stopped her from moving forward. The malicious smile on his face did not fade as he spoke with a raspy voice.

"Not to worry about your tasks, my comrade. Today you'll be doing them with me, the Fatui Harbinger who murdered your kin."

What the hell- She wanted to take him down that very second before regaining her composure.

"You're just trying to pull on my strings today. Yes I would love to avenge my family and put your head on a stick but I'm busy ok, Ajax?" Astrea reasoned, crossing her arms reluctantly.

Suddenly the childlike ginger haired man frowned, looking sadder than a lost puppy in the streets of Liyue.

"I took a day off for you, you know."

"Why would you do that without asking me...." She sighed.

"Do you really wanna know why? Because I missed you that's why." Childe confessed albeit abruptly.

"You mean, you miss fighting enemies with me."

He gulped, swallowing the lump that was building in his throat as he stared at her. It was painful enough to do so but what struck him the most was her silver eyes. The pair of eyes that used to be familiar and endearing to him had turned a bit cold and distant.