Conflicted (R18)

Is it Astrea? But it couldn't be.

The Harbinger unlocked his door and saw a familar blonde haired girl. It was the Honorary Knight, who seemed to look a bit dejected than usual. Even so, her expression remained stoic.

"Lumine? Are you alright?" Childe frowned, feeling a bit concerned for his travel mate.

"I had a bad dream, it's about Aether. I just...." She turned away, her eyes unable to meet his deep blue eyes that night.

"I'm scared, Childe. I'm sorry for bothering you at this hour. I'll take my leave now."

Ajax couldn't bear to see her being in pain and agony, hence he decided to suggest something to her.

"Come in, girlie. I think it's best for you to spend the night. I'll be your listener."

Lumine hesitated at first, but she wanted a presence that could calm her down and tell her everything is going to be alright. Someone who has been a brother at some point to their own siblings. She knew Childe is the most fitting for the description.

"Thank you, Childe." She whispered solemnly.

They both sat at the living room with her noticing how luxurious his apartment was compared to hers which was nothing more than the ordinary. Lumine thought to herself about how fortunate being a Fatui Harbinger with this amount of riches in their own disposal. Still, not denying the fact that they do dangerous work on the daily as compensation.

The two talked casually with Childe reassuring her that she will meet her brother once again because siblings will always find their way to each other no matter what the circumstances are. Lumine frowned and smiled at one point, trying to hold back the tears that was starting to form in her eyes.

"I believe in you, Lumine." He spoke, staring at her with intensity that would make a person tremble.

"You do?"

"You are strong. Heck, I'd love to start sparring with you in my free time just to test my limits. But I'll save the special day for the last." Ajax smiled, knowing full well that they would go against each other if she knew about his plans with the Fatui.

"You're so unpredictable. But alright, sure thing." She shrugged.

Ajax immediately saw there was a tinge of red on her cheeks when he complimented her. Over time, he was starting to notice the little details about her reactions. There were times he would find her cute and endearing, especially when she had shown him a softer side throughout their short travels.

It was impossible to him that she didn't harbour any feelings for him. It was what he wanted at some point. For someone to gradually love him, even though they might not accept his Delusion and Foul Legacy form. Deep down he knew she would. Even if someone like Astrea wouldn't, Lumine might accept him regardless. At least, that's what he had predicted.

"Childe, is it alright if I sleep at the couch? I don't want to bother you in your room." Lumine suggested, yawning for a bit.

"Hahaha girlie, that won't do." He chuckled before getting up from the sofa and pulled her in all of a sudden.

"Wait-" She gasped, her small body suddenly landed neatly in his arms as he embraced her.

"Childe......" Her face slowly turned red.

He held her body close and tightened his embrace, the memories of him doing it with Astrea somehow flooded his mind and it was no doubt, as agonizing as it looked. He was reminded of her saying one day it would end, even if he didn't want things to end with her.