Into The Unknown

There were two instances where the traveler had came across a peculiar man, who called himself Dainsleif, nothing more, nothing less. He was recruited for a while to join her travels, at least for a short while before that man decided to take his leave. Lumine remembered it was sometime after she defeated Osial, and when she returned to Liyue again, in small hopes to see other comrades, a new commission was posted- regarding another anomaly called The Chasm.

It was fated that the two met again, after Inazuma was restored to it's former glory. Dainslef however, would always appear in a dire circumstance that has direct ties to Aether, and traveling wouldn't be a chore for him; knowing the fact that he could use portals for convenience. Without a doubt, the specific royal guard became her travel companion once again, deep in the trenches of Liyue. The particular journey had slowly revealed the truth of the fallen nation Khaenri'ah, her previous home that she shared with her long lost twin brother.

The traveler had flashbacks of the abyss prince who wanted to save the remaining people of Khaenri'ah, who were eternally cursed as hilichurls. The curse had been a fate worse than death for most of the creatures, and everytime it became a definite endgame for the hilichurs, they seek to rest and spend their final moments in the chasm.

"This is the saddest way to die...."

"They have no choice. The curse could never be undone. Not at all, Lumine." Dainsleif muttered, gazing upon her saddened expression.

The truth about the destruction of Khaenri'ah is just another beginning to a full scale war, and even that has happened 500 years ago. More nations could continue to fall and everyone she cherished would be in danger.

"These flowers.... I've always had them in my hair." Lumine spoke, after a moment of silence.

"Indeed. Those are called Inteyvat. It blooms and withers normally in Khaenri'ah, but hardens if it is brought outside the nation." Dainsleif replied, crossing his arms. He stared at the traveler, relying on her ability to judge the gravity of the situation.

Inteyvat.

It seems this war has yet to meet it's end.

I need to see Ajax and Astrea before it's too late.

The two journeyed further inside the chasm, uncovering truths that were meant to be out specifically to those who seek it. Dainsleif coldly reminded the traveler that he will pursue the abyss twin and stop him from further destruction, even if it'll take his last breath.

"The choice is yours, Lumine. To choose his path, or mine. I shall not interfere nor judge once you've made your decision."

Lumine stared deeply into the royal guard's eyes, who didn't stop looking back at her the same way she used to look at a certain Harbinger.

"I...."

La Signora was declared as deceased, slain by the Electro Archon and met her unfortunate demise under the Musou no Hitotachi. The news had travelled across the seas and arrived at Zapolyarny Palace- the place where the Tsaritsa resides. The Harbingers had a prompt meeting afterwards and Tartaglia didn't utter a word, except private condolences despite his indignance towards her methods of scheming. It was in the line of their job after all.

As soon as the meeting ended, the Tsaritsa personally asked the youngest Harbinger to stay.

"Tartaglia, I believe your reports has been quite helpful as to study an arch enemy nation of ours. I hope the Warmonger is still under your control."

"Yes, your Highness. It's been a few weeks and I've managed to take control of the situation. Rest assured, although I might have some business left in Liyue." Tartaglia spoke nonchalantly. He knew despite following all the Tsaritsa orders, only he was allowed to take a detour from his original mission. It was the Tsaritsa's reward for him.