His Atonement

Ajax knew he suffers from a split personality disorder ever since he fell into the abyss and made it out alive. There were times he would unintentionally flip a switch in his head, thus easily being unlikable to people than usual. Being a child who seldom had a penchant for battles before, the thought of having to survive only with a wooden shortsword and a bread somehow exhilarated and traumatized him for life. The humongous Abyss monster summoned by Master Skirk turned things up a notch for the better or for worse. The Master saw Ajax for the bloodlust that he had, hence in the end the power of Foul Legacy was gifted to him by her. Even so, Tartaglia had his own physical limitations to said power, he couldn't remain in that form for too long or his organs would disintegrate, resulting in his lifespan shortened by half.

He would then trade more than half his life to seek power. There was nothing more a newly appointed Fatui Harbinger would've wanted back then, except to prove his worth to his family that he could be the conqueror of Teyvat. Ajax continued to be a family person even from afar while getting the dirty work done. Being the third sibling, he turned out to be the most chaotic middle child yet at the same time caring deeply for his three younger siblings, Anton, Tonia and Teucer.

He could've never imagined a life without their existence. Yet being a Fatui meant he would serve every orders of the Tsaritsa, even if it includes committing a mass genocide. Tension arose between the two nations of Antares and Snezhnaya and the outcome had been expected by the Goddess of War herself. Snezhnaya does not believe in a peaceful treaty without the full benefits of their own.

When Tartaglia was assigned to lead the invasion, all he wanted to do was to lay out all his victorious efforts in front of the almighty Tsaritsa. He was only 18 years old, and during that age the teenage boy in him was more than honoured to serve the Queen that he revered and loved.

My allegiance to the Tsaritsa lasts forever.

Yet what if I had to choose between the Tsaritsa and an enemy I hold dear.

Childe would've never expected karma would grab him by the throat a couple of years later. As soon as he met the Cryo warrior-warmonger who had the same cold yet gentle gaze albeit similar to the Tsaritsa, he knew deep down he wanted to atone for his sins. He signed the blood oath while he was under the Electro Delusion influence. Demons did not scare him one bit. Little did he knew the curse runs deeper the ocean that surrounds Teyvat.

Astreanova wondered if there is a way to speak to Lumine more about the gravity of the situation. The impending war that might include death and certain relationships that could change drastically afterwards. The Antares warmonger can only hope the mysterious traveler remembers to visit Snezhnaya at least before the rumored end of the world starts.

After all, Lumine was the one who respected them the most and made them more in touch with their feminine side.

"Welcome to my humble abode."

Tartaglia's familiar voice brought her back to earth. Astrea realized his beloved home was indeed, a mansion yet the Russian architecture remained intact despite multiple renovations. He would send huge loads of money once a year for his home despite the monthly gifts and allowances to Tonia, Anton and Teucer.

"So, what do you think? Is there anything you'd like to comment on?" Ajax gleefully questioned.

"So much for a humble abode, Ajax but I must say it is the best place for a family to reside." Astrea commented.

"Brother!!!! Big brother is home!!!" A little kid who seem to have the same features as Childe immediately ran from the door and hugged him. Ajax laughed and returned the hug.