Warmonger

The black haired warrior started practicing her violin again, realizing that they have a new appointment to perform an original music for Liyue reputation purposes. Astrea had went through a few pages of the music sheets and wondered if it was possible to play the piano for the small crowd this time instead of just a single instrument. Astrea gradually lifted the piano cover and sat on the designated chair.

All of a sudden there was an obnoxious ringing of the doorbell. Astrea reluctantly opened the door.

"Aren't you supposed to be collecting overdue debts today, Tartaglia?"

Childe smiled sheepishly and invited himself in.

"I told them I'll do it tomorrow, they'll listen. I'm the boss after all. Also, have you been playing music?"

Astrea closed the door.

"More or less."

The Harbinger casually sat on the sofa and crossed his legs.

"Entertain me for today, will you?"

"I was just about to play something on the piano. This is an incomplete composition done by a fallen soldier in Antares who also happens to be a reknowned composer. He was the first soldier to be crowned as the Warmonger before the Grandmaster told me I would be next in line."

She sat down and started playing the composition. Her fingers glided upon the keys effortlessly as the Harbinger  carefully listened to the tune. The music made his heart yearn for more; an indescribable feeling even if he does not know the real reason behind the sudden desire.

The sight of Astrea playing a piece on the piano was burned indefinitely in his mind.

How can someone like Astrea only exists to be a reminder of the faults of my past?

He mused bitterly.

"Back in the days, Antares was well known for their soldiers or war crimes, but the city is also quite famous for the music and culture due to every single one of us would know the art of performing." Astrea spoke softly, and faced him with a stern expression on their face. The conversation immediately had a dark undertone as she wasn't planning on keeping him in the apartment for long.

"I used to perform a lot with an ex lover before she was proclaimed dead due to a Fatui invasion."

"Childe Tartaglia Ajax, you have no idea how I feel, to harbour so much grudge in my heart yet still be able to face you casually in my own apartment."

Tartaglia smirked.

"Use that grudge to fuel yourself for our battle in the future. I've been observing some of your training sessions, though. It's no wonder how you had become a merciless killing machine."

"I won't face defeat in front of you, but something tells me you won't stop until you could bring back my head and parade it to the whole of Antares." He continued.

Astreanova stood up and grasped the covering of the piano as she whispered,

"There is no heart in a killing machine. The blood runs cold. They say everything is fair in love and war, but nothing is fair."

"I will be doing another street performance on Saturday. You guys can come and watch if you want." Astrea spoke at both Lumine and Ajax. They were casually having lunch together at the Wanmin restaurant.

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Lumine replied.

"Yay!! Paimon wants to watch too!"

Childe raised an eyebrow and smirked since he knew about it all along.

"How about you, Childe? Are you busy on Saturday?" Lumine questioned innocently.