Insane (R18)

I love you so much I'm starting to lose my mind.

Is this how first love feels like?

I don't know.

Childe was humming a familiar tune to himself as he walked down the streets of Liyue. He wanted to go to the jewellery parlour and grab something for her, no matter how expensive it is. The Harbinger wanted her to wear something that will always be close to her.

"Sir, may I have one pair of earring that looks like mine? I would like to give it to someone special." He grinned.

"Oh sure! We have one in stock. It's your lucky day."

"That's lovely. How much would that be, sir?"

"It only costs 1 million mora. Limited edition!"

"Sure I'll take that."

The Harbinger took the expensive earrings and immediately went to Astrea's apartment, eager to surprise her and put a smile on her face. She was on her off day after all.

After ringing the bell not less than 10 times, Astrea opened the door and sighing hard.

"How many times should I tell you not to ring the bell-" She was interrupted by him entering the place and closing the door. He was smiling ear to ear.

"I got you something cute. Here, take these." Childe neatly placed the gift on her hands.

"Wait what? Seriously? You don't have to do this, Childe....."

"No, no!! Just take it as a token of appreciation." He insisted.

Astrea sighed again and opened the box. There was a pair of red earrings, similar to what he was wearing on a daily basis. The earrings looked rather costly at first sight, she knew she wouldn't dare to ask about the price tag. At the same time the girl is aware that the Fatui has all the Mora in the world that he could spend.

She looked at him with a questioning gaze.

"I know what you're thinking, Childe. This is the same as what you're wearing right now."

"Well, it is similar." He blushed for a second.

"But I thought it would look lovely on you."

"On special occasions, I'll be sure to wear it. Only if it's a special occasion, alright? Thank you, Childe." She forced a smile, reluctantly accepted the gift and placed it safely on the table.

It was still unusual for her to accept any gifts from a Fatui Harbinger.

Childe looked at her with blue eyes akin to a child staring at a new obsession; full of wonder and curiosity about the young girl in front of him. He realized he has never felt something like this before due to the nature of his job and a traumatic childhood. Hence he didn't regret stopping by and watching her short performance in Liyue.

He reached out to her hand, kissing it softly and knelt down in one knee.

"You are my whole world, Astrea. I have never felt like this before but I'm sure this leads to something good between us." He proclaimed.

Astrea's eyes widened abruptly.

"You've never been in love before? You're kidding, Childe."

"No I didn't!" He protested. "I fell into the Abyss at 14 years old and it changed my life. The thought of that place could still give me nightmares. Also my father immediately sent me to the Fatui afterwards. Do you think I have time to look for girls? All I've ever known was fighting, fighting and more fighting."