The Revelation

The Fatui decided to take shelter at a camp around 100 meters away from the site, eventually escorting the Harbinger as well- despite him refusing to leave at first. Tartaglia kept his composure regardless, and waited in front of the campfire for the blizzard to slow down. The wind had been around 30 km per hour for instance, it could be more; and there was no way they'd risk more of their members freezing to death.

Ajax reminisced the time he spent with Astrea, and eventually the traveler too, came to mind due to the circumstances in Liyue. He had wondered if his life trajectory would change ever since he made that ancient blood oath, despite knowing
how dangerous it was. Deep down, he didn't care of said consequences. Perhaps what he wanted was for the universe to cooperate with his schemes. The Harbinger mused on his own.

It's been a while since I've seen Lumine.

I wonder if things have been well with her.

A part of him felt slightly confused of his own feelings, even though he was dead set on atoning for his past sins. Little did he know the traveler was getting a bit cosy with another man from the Abyss that he hated so much.

Am I being two-faced again? Or perhaps there isn't a way for me to be with Astrea after all.

How much time do I have left before it all ends?

He thought, as he stared into the glaring embers from the fireplace. The mirage of his dark future that came from the flame slowly disappeared. 

"Lord Tartaglia, it seems there's a bright light emerging from that site." One of the agents immediately spoke.

"Bright light..... oh shit- Everyone move!" Tartaglia commanded as the whole group approached the said light. And when it's all over and done with, there was Astrea, looking dead as there was severe emptiness in their eyes, as if they have seen something worse than a ghost.

"Astrea! Oh god, Astrea thank goodness you're-" Ajax cried out in the snow and held them close. As soon as the warmonger landed in his arms, they spoke,

"I saw everything. It started from a reunion of me and my childhood lover. The wars and destruction that would occur. The hatred from all nations. The involvement of the Abyss Order. Going deeper Abyss itself. Ajax, this is bad. We only have the traveler; Lumine to count on other than ourselves. Snezhnaya will fall just like Khaenri'ah without her."

Tartaglia could feel his heart breaking at the sudden revelation. All he wanted was to protect the people he loves, his family and valuable comrades. The struggle became more difficult and they were running out of time. He brought Astrea to the hideout and they sat in front of a campfire, contemplating the things that took place drastically.

Though he had one suspicion.

"I've never asked, but the childhood lover you mentioned had came from the Abyss, am I correct?"

Astrea nodded slowly.

"Just as I thought." Ajax continued, rectifying his suspicions. "What a small world. Of course I'd recognize her. Aliyah (not her real name) is an immortal, able to shape-shift however she wanted and thus became in close proximity to you. She is not human."

The warmonger closed their eyes and shed a tear, with a smile neatly plastered on their face.

"It's over. I have promised to end her once and for all on the fated day by manipulating the blood contract we made. The rules still apply even if the enemy is an immortal. Alas, it's the only way to take down an Abyss creature."

Ajax frowned.

"Reducing the lifespan to zero? Doesn't sound good to me. We share the contract as well, remember? It was supposed to make us stronger-"

The warmonger placed one hand on his shoulder.

"Do not worry, Tartaglia. It means we have to break the contract first so that your lifespan won't be affected. It's just mine." Astrea spoke as they drew a modified pentagram of some sorts in the snow.

"I won't let you attempt that crap. I, Tartaglia the Eleventh Harbinger will be with you to defeat the Abyss immortal." Ajax protested.

Aliyah is now the Abyss immortal. Who knew? Astrea mused as they stared into the distance, the snow was no longer visible in the pitch black darkness of the night.

My sole purpose of fighting and becoming stronger....seems to be gone.

Tartaglia grabbed a warm blanket and wrapped it over the warmonger's shoulders without saying a word. Half of him wanted to confront the Tsaritsa and plead to stop the premonition of war. Yet without progress, the nation of Snezhnaya would not be able to thrive further, reaping the benefits of war crimes against other nations and Celestia. Though the Abyss Order could be right about opposing Celestia, their underhanded methods made them shady as ever.

Astreanova knew things were making more sense with the mysterious orphan Aliyah is in fact, an immortal, utilizing the portal to and fro from the Abyss she hated. It was as if Astrea never knew the real her, the one she had a couple of nightmares about back in Liyue. Aliyah has always talked about Snezhnaya, romanticizing it to the point the nation sounded ethereal. Hence the Snezhnayan Song of Love and Ice was made.

It was fated that the warmonger will have to kill the person they had loved the most and afterwards, to spar till the deaths with the man who started it all.

They didn't talk much that night, falling asleep beside each other's old, worn down makeshift bed with all the other Fatui agents in the area. Random bottles of vodka and a couple of goulash could be spotted in the camp. The night weren't as quiet as they thought, as the snowstorm would come and go at random times.

Sometimes Childe wonders if the end truly is nigh after all.

I'll protect everyone I love, even if it's the last thing I do before I sacrifice myself. Teucer, Tonia, Anton shall live a long life ahead.

What I need right now is the traveler.

Would Lumine agree to be a part of this?

Ajax recalled the small tryst they had back in Liyue, the fact that they've slept once and deep down he regretted it. It must've left a scar in her heart, besides a huge distrust coming from the warmonger. He had to atone for his sins somehow. But what he did not know was the existence of Lumine's comrade, Dainsleif.

A/N: Hinting the trio reunion again for the next chapter 👀 I already miss writing about Lumine. Also I shall prepare myself for the war arc of this series bc shit is going down, for real. Here's an AI art of Inteyvat I've made, random I know ✨

 Here's an AI art of Inteyvat I've made, random I know ✨