Suspicion

There were times when Lumine felt something was up between Childe and Astrea but she would always decide to go against her instincts. After all, if there's anything, she could trust Astrea for keeping her secrets and vice versa.

It was also a fact that Childe had saved her from getting into numerous dangerous situations, he was chivalric enough to do that. Other business involving the Fatui man would most probably be doing some tasks with Zhongli and Astrea, which would result to running back to Childe to get some more Mora.

"I'll give you a bit more as a reward, dear traveler. Buy yourself something you'd like. Maybe some accessories because you'll definitely look good in it." The light haired man smiled as he gave Lumine a small pouch.

"O-okay, thank you, Childe." Lumine nodded, slightly blushing.

"You're welcome girlie~"

He is such a sweet talker sometimes. I hate it.

Meanwhile, Astreanova was walking towards the Liyue temple despite not actively worshipping any Archon. Yet whenever she wanted to pray for her family and a long lost lover, she will visit any temple regardless of religion. She was done in roughly 15 mins and walked back to the city harbour.

"Hey Astrea!!" Lumine waved happily from afar. It looked as if she was shopping around the harbour.

"Hi there Lumine. What brings you to the harbour today?" Astrea waved back and smiled.

"Thought we'd do some shopping. Childe gave us some extra Mora and Paimon doesn't mind spending all of his money!" The little creature answered.

"Really? Sounds like a lucky day." Astrea commented, lowkey thinking about the other day when he told her sarcastically he would invite Lumine out to dinner and give more Mora.

Is he trying to make a move now?

"He was being nice today. But still super annoying as usual." The blonde answered with a small blush creeping on her cheeks.

"He is rather nice, especially to you." Astrea immediately teased the other girl. She was flustered for a second before regaining her composure.

"Astrea, I've always wondered.... do you have feelings for him?" The question eventually slipped out of Lumine's mouth.

Despite her clandestine affair with the same man, the black haired girl decided to withhold any personal information for the better of the friendship. Plus, she wanted to know how serious the blonde has been thinking about him.

"I don't. You know how it is, Lumine. The Fatui is my enemy so no can do." Astrea smoothly replied.

The black haired girl was rendered speechless for a moment due to the current situation. It seemed as if she had to choose to continue having whatever it is with Childe or just drop it altogether due to Lumine's existence.

"How about you, Lumine?" Astrea asked back all of a sudden. She continued,

"You and Childe have spent a lot of time together I think. Especially after I teamed up with Zhongli."

"I guess so. At first I'm not sure. But slowly he's starting to mean more and more to me." The girl pouted and sighed.

"Why am I feeling like this anyway?!" She protested.

"Well, that aside, I think he's interested in your strength without a Vision, just a hunch." Astrea chuckled. Paimon was actively ignoring the conversation as she was looking at all the stuff she wanted to buy.

She reminds me of the first time I fell in love back when I was 14. Astrea thought silently. Her string of thoughts were interrupted when Lumine spoke,