First Love Late Spring

Tartaglia woke up the next morning to the sight of a petite blonde haired girl sleeping peacefully in his arms. He held her close for a while and stared at her rosy cheeks. The man knew of her beautiful and ethereal looks, as she is the more elegant and reserved of the twin compared to her brother.

Lumine felt his body warmth and his soft caress upon waking up. She slowly opened her eyes and smiled.

"Good morning, Childe."

"Morning, Lumine."

The two then decided to have a brief morning chat before she took a shower and got herself dressed to do the usual daily commissions. The Harbinger sent the Honorary Knight off to the door afterwards. He apologized to Lumine numerous times for not holding back, but to his surprise, he was still greeted by an innocent smile.

"Thank you for letting me stay the night regardless, Tartaglia. I'll make sure I won't do anything reckless anymore, okay?" Lumine proclaimed.

Childe crossed his arms and smirked.

"I'll take your word for that, girlie. Please take care on your journey today. Let me know if you need any help."

"I will. You take care as well, Tartaglia."

Ajax observed Lumine walking away, being on guard for a while before he closed the door. He sighed, leaning his back against the wall and gradually sat on the floor, rubbing the sides of his forehead. Thoughts of Astrea suddenly entered his mind for a while before he recalled that she would have a few things to do with Zhongli escorting her everywhere.

He clenched his fists before slamming them against the cold hard floor.

I don't know what I should do anymore.

Remembering Astrea and knowing the truth hurts; like a thousand daggers stabbing his chest and he wanted to atone his sins by being with her. Even then, he knew it wasn't enough.

She lost everyone she loved. Unlike me.

Meanwhile Lumine is important to me.

She is my comrade too. I care about her and her travels. I wish she didn't have to leave Teyvat to meet her brother and we could continue adventuring together but that won't do.

Reality has always been bleak for me.

A dark voice gradually encroached his headspace. His electro delusion always seemed to be partially sentient, he would usually be absorbed by the thoughts during the personality shift. Tartaglia's ocean blue eyes turned electric violet as he slowly stood up and looked in a mirror with a sadistic expression.

"If I can't have you, no one else could."

The Harbinger took a while to switch back into his usual, harmless personality as he grabbed his bow before leaving the house. What goes around comes back around, his past sins and battles caught up to the present and it was a road of no return. The only thing he could do was to stall time and fight until the last breath.

It was sundown when Astreanova noticed a note was left on her door, telling her that she should go to an abandoned ruin west of Liyue to meet someone. The girl took a deep breath and tossed the note away, immediately grabbing her sword to be prepared for the worst.

What is it this time, Childe Tartaglia Ajax?

The black haired girl arrived at the scene and noticed a familiar ginger haired man was sitting alone on a broken pillar. He was in a foul mood, the usual good natured smile on his face disappeared that night.