Two Doors Down

The Honorary Knight, now savior of Liyue and defeater of the ancient god Osial had reminisced every memory she shared with a certain Fatui Harbinger, alone. It was then the thought of her spending time privately with Astrea away from the Fatui's knowledge swiftly entered her mind. The piano composition and the random spar. They were both powerful women who garnered respect and honour from people despite their personal shortcomings.

Death left its old tragic heaven and became the lyrical core of man, his invisible truth, his visible secret.

It was a line she remembered; softly recited by the Antares girl at the park as she was reading a book of philosophy. Flashbacks of that one fine evening entered the traveler's mind. Death seemed to be a recurrent theme in her cycle of life.

"Lumine, let's go to the lantern rite festival tonight before we leave to Inazuma!" Paimon cheered while the two of them were walking in the city.

"Sure thing." The blonde nodded, feeling slightly reluctant about it. Yet her journey needed to continue regardless. Lumine wanted nothing more than to seek answers that would lead to her brother.

People were setting up beautiful Xiao lanterns everywhere that night. The city became even more breathtaking, illuminated by the lights that surrounded the shops and buildings. The traveler and her companion walked towards the Liyue park and spotted a familiar figure from afar.

The Warmonger stood there alone, waiting for someone.

The blonde was immediately greeted with a small smile from the black haired girl.

"It's been a while, Lumine." The taller girl spoke.

"It truly is."

No matter how messed up things could be, Lumine realized there was no reason to hate nor create a drama with her own best friend due to their close relation with Childe. They were comrades in arms despite the messed up agenda he had in his mind. Plus Lumine knew of the fact that Astrea has never reciprocated anyone's feelings before, except for one person. But the fact remains that both of them had unfortunately slept with the same man.

They talked about the things that took place a couple of days ago, about Rex Lapis and Osial, the Liyue Qixing and Adepti. The conversation went well before the black haired girl fell silent all of a sudden, remembering the blood ritual that took place in her own room.

She decided to leave that part of the information out for now.

"Will you depart to Snezhnaya with Childe later on?" Lumine asked.

Astrea stared into her golden eyes and spoke,

"It seems that I have to. There really is no way I could go there unnoticed by the Harbinger himself."

Lumine nodded in agreement.

"That sounds plausible enough."

"Lumine, there is a premonition of war in Snezhnaya. I will have to sacrifice years of my life being the Warmonger." Astrea confessed as a matter of fact. Lumine frowned, as she shared a look with Paimon before confessing,

"I can't just stand back and do nothing if there's a war in Snezhnaya. I'll train as much as I can and I'll fight beside you. I'm going to Inazuma to seek the Electro Archon and wield the Electro element." The traveler insisted.

"There's nothing that can come between us if we fight together!" Paimon suddenly spoke.

Astrea crossed her arms and thought to herself for a while. After a minute, she nodded.

"I suppose it would be better if we could fight side by side."

Little did the two female warriors know, one of Tartaglia's subordinates were right behind them and eavesdropping their conversation. The Fatui agent stood behind a tree, listening to them talk and thinking of their next move.