Curse Of The Century

Astreanova woke up only to notice the apartment was thrashed to the point of tragedy. Whatever happened the previous night was traumatizing enough for the both of them. The sight of the pentagram on the floor made the girl shudder. She recalled the spectre that seemed to be wailing her heart out, the sound of the bone chilling scream shook her to the core, the same way Tartaglia must have felt during his brief encounter with the Abyss monster.

The 18 y/o girl cried silently. She remembered a couple of people back in Antares had called her the heartless warrior.

Am I really that heartless?

I have feelings too.

If only I could reach out to her for once.

She wiped off her tears and got up from the bed, only realizing Childe was sleeping peacefully without a care in the world, as if he didn't attempt anything bad last night. Anger seemed to consume her all at once, before she remembered the tryst they had before Electro Childe happened.

Her anger did not subside, knowing that it was deep rooted from her vengeance towards the Fatui invasion led by Tartaglia years back. The Harbinger of War was starting to believe her fate or luck was getting worse as she gets older and she needed to see an Archon to remove the curse.

Astrea immediately got out of bed, grabbed a cloth and rinsed it with water. She scrubbed the pentagram off the floor and thus did the same for other bloodstains except on the bed sheets.

The bed was worse though.

She started feeling nauseous, traumatic incidents filled her mind before she yelped and made a run for the bathroom.

The sound of her rapid footsteps woke Ajax up, he rubbed his eyes and listened to her vomiting in the bathroom out of anxiety. He got up and immediately slammed the door open.

"Astrea are you alright-"

"No no please get out I'm having a moment here- ugh" Astrea felt another wave of nausea and started puking again.

He invited himself in and rubbed her shoulders, feeling concerned of the girl regardless. As soon as she felt better, she walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed as Ajax held her hand, frowning at her sullen state.

"I'm sorry, Astrea. I know my apologies are meaningless at this point but I lost all my semblance."

"Would that explain your Electro self suddenly showing up yesterday?"

"My Delusion can be sentient, at least that's what  I think it is. I'm responsible for the trigger though."

".....I'm exhausted. Truly. No words." Astrea sighed heavily, her eyes remained downcast, feeling dejected.

"I believe it's best if we don't talk or see each other again for a few days. I need to recuperate." She suggested.

"How can I leave you alone in this state? You're not feeling well. And you're.... nauseous..."

"What if you're pregnant?" He casually pointed at her stomach.

Astrea's eyes widened in horror as she immediately throttled him to the ground.

"Not at all, Ajax. I take my pills, remember?" She questioned as her fingers were neatly wrapped on his neck. The girl has foreseen the outcome she would prefer to avoid; her scope of job has always been against having a child at all times.

Simply put, she has never thought about having one. Astrea believed one day the prophecy of being the fallen soldier would befall her as well.

Ajax smirked and cupped her face, the sight of her being on top of him somehow turned him on.