A Silent Pursuit

The Antares warrior managed to send reports on the line to Athena regarding the death of Rex Lapis and the Rite of Descension. The incident happened abruptly and the people of Liyue were left speechless and in disbelief. Liyue has lost Rex Lapis for centuries to come. Amidst the irrefutable situation, the warrior met a blonde haired traveler from another world named Lumine and her floating companion, Paimon. They seemed to be in a pinch, trying to avoid suspicion from the Millelith.

Astrea informed the guards that Lumine and Paimon are one of their associates.

"Thanks so much, traveler! Are you here to do diplomatic relations with Liyue? You don't seem to be from here." Paimon questioned.

"Well, yes as a matter of fact I have important stuff to do in Liyue. You guys can call me Astreanova from Antares, or Astrea for short."

"We'll see you around then, Astrea! Thank you!" Lumine spoke cheerfully and waved.

The Antares warrior waved back and smiled. Their light grey eyes scanned through the environment of the city, as they slowly recalled a small yet hazy memory of the past about the Fatui Harbingers. The Grandmaster Athena might possess a grand scheme of plans to be on these Harbingers; it hasn't been revealed yet even if Astrea is starting to have a clue. As much as the young warrior did their part of the research, the real identity of the Harbingers aren't really well known to the masses. Whoever is destined to meet them would only meet death the next moment they blink. They use aliases most of the time so that it's easier to blend in during off duty.

There's no time to meet other people as for now. Astrea mused, thinking of the job.

It was almost 4 oclock in the evening. The warrior decided to continue their intel gathering.

"Hello there, I suppose this is the Snezhnayan bank in Liyue?"

"Yes it is. Are you here to withdraw some Mora or apply for a loan?" Ekaterina asked.

"I'd like to withdraw 100,000 Mora please. Also, I mean no harm. I would like to confirm the allegation that this bank has direct ties to the Fatui Harbingers? If so, which one would be responsible for this branch?" Astrea swiftly interrogated.

"I am not obliged to answer unnecessary questions. But sure, we deal with two Fatui Harbingers as of late."

The 18 years old crossed her arms, a slight frown was evident on their face after hearing the word Harbinger. Before Astrea even wanted to speak, Ekaterina cut her off with urgency.

"You are asking for confidential information which is illegal by the Snezhnayan law. Anyway, here's your Mora and do not ask too many questions next time."

Ah, crap. Now she seems pissed and I only withdrew some Mora to survive the rest of the week. Time to do some side commissions. Astrea sighed and went downstairs.

But the information Ekaterina provided made it clear that the Harbingers are in Liyue, most probably highly involved in the Rex Lapis morbid descension case.

Astrea's cryo battle skills are mostly honed in speed, intelligence and mental strength other than physical and brute strength. In order for hell to freeze over the battlefield and destroy everything in it's vicinity during a war, an unwavering determination and experience akin to a 35 years old warrior would be greatly required. Unless, the end of Teyvat is near and the city of Khaenri'ah is brought to light once more.

"In order to take down a Harbinger, you must never be afraid of death." The Grandmaster Athena once spoke to her when she was 14.

Astreanova was still a mere 14 years old teen when they became committed to the battlefield. Athena saw their potential when no one else really did. She gifted her a hypothetical wedding dress including a set of armor. Regardless of the eventual position of being a Warmonger, Athena wanted the teen to embrace her feminine side even if the wedding dress did not mean a full fledged dress. The attire had been her battle gear as soon as Astrea turned 18th.