Chapter 1

*Chapter 1*

Sophia's POV

The last day of summer is always the day me and my best friend spend together. Whether it is at the mall or having a movie day at the pack house. Yes I said pack house meaning me and my best friend are werewolves. We live in Bristol, Va. But today was different Jason my best friend called me and asked if I could meet him at the park. He showed up about five minutes after I did with a grim look upon his face.

 As soon as he reached me he grabbed my hand and led me to the tree we used to climb as kids while our mothers would joke about us being mates. But today I could tell that he had something to say that would change our lives, even though tomorrow is his birthday and he would officially find his mate and maybe finally get rid of his girl friend for the past two years, Stacy. Not that I don’t like her, but there was something lately that made me really angry when I seen them together. Pulling me out of my thoughts Jason began to speak.

"Sophia..." he states "I have to tell you something."

Nervously, I ask “What is it? You can tell me anything."

"Stacy.....called today..." he sighs depressingly "and said she was.....pregnant", he states with eyes full of unshed tears.

With his words I could feel my self getting angry just like the past couple of day when I would see them together. I regain my calm voice enough to ask, "What are you going to do if she is not your mate?"

Jason sits there for moment thinking, "I don’t know", he finally answers, as I see a single tear fall from his ocean blue eyes, which he tries to wipe away before I can see.

A future Alpha is not supposed to show weakness but I can tell losing his mate will weaken him. His true mate is the only one that will be able to help him lead the pack. That is why fate and Moon Goddess chose them.

"Well what ever you decide to do please promise me you will not reject your mate." I state as evenly as I can with my anger raging inside me.

"What if she doesn’t want me when she finds out?” He asks.

"Just explain how you felt about Stacy and make sure she understands that you will be faithful to her from now on. She will help you get through this. She will love you no matter what." I tell him.

He sighs before saying "I will think about it. Also I promise, I will think about not rejecting her."

We sat there under our tree for most of the afternoon. We talked about many different things from what we were going to wear the next day to our pasts and how our lives have changed. I’m not the real popular type but I’m not one of the Goths either. But, Jason he is a total jock. He plays football and basketball. He has all the girls eating out of the palm of his hand.

He got a phone call from his mom saying she needed him at home, so we decided that it was time for us to go our separate ways and meet at school tomorrow. When I got home all that ran through my mind was how could I get so angry at what Jason said today about Stacy? I just put it off as being an over protective best friend.

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Jason's POV

Sitting there and not doing anything but talking with Sophia just made everything seems so much better. She makes me forget anything and everything. She just makes me love her more and more. I never told her how I felt because I knew that I will find my mate one day and I would never want to hurt her. Even today when I told her about Stacy I could see the rage in her eyes. I have always been able to see the feelings in her eyes.

After my talk with Sophia today I felt surer that my mate will still love me with my decision about Stacy. I don't want to hurt my mate and I may have promised Sophia that I would think about not rejecting my mate, but since the moment Stacy told me and the more I think about it the more I think rejection is my answer. So I've decided that no matter what I'm rejecting my mate tomorrow and at my party tomorrow night I will announce Stacy is my mate so I can be in my child's life. But deep inside me I feel like after this Sophia will never want to speak to me again.