Chapter 6

*Chapter 6*

Sophia's POV

3 months later

Damon trained me every morning before school from 4-6 and after school from 5-9, then we ate dinner and went to bed. He finally thought I was ready for my Beta position after 3 months, which is when we gave him a going away party.  He promised to return after a year of training to visit us when he knows the pack could handle the rogues on their own.

As a last goodbye at the airport the next day, Damon told me something that I thought I would never hear from anyone since my rejection.

"Soph, I know this is the wrong time to say this. But, during these past few months you have opened me up more than anyone could since my mate. And I grew to love you as a sister but after spending so much time with you I realized that the love I have felt has always been more than that, I'm in love with you Sophia."

"Damon...I-"he cut me off.

"You don't have to say anything back, I just want to tell you before I never got the chance again. You are the best thing that has happened to me since my mate died. And even though I’m going to be gone for a while I promise to always have you in my heart."

"Damon I love you too...Promise me you will return safe." And at that moment I loved him, but was unsure if I was truly 'in love' with him.  Maybe not as much as I loved Jason, but I still loved him.

"I promise." He stated before boarding the plane.

I walked out to my car with only Damon on my mind. He has helped me so much. I was moving on finally seeing that I can be happy without Jason. I drove back to the pack house with a new sense of life. I was moving on from the hrt and rejection and finally let myself be happy.

~~~~~~~

Jason's POV

It's been three months since I found out that Sophia, my mate, left my pack. Her parents won't speak to me or look at me since she left. I get the feeling that they want to join Antonio's pack, but I have asked my parents to talk them into staying here, just incase she ever came back that way she will be here in my pack. My parents talk to tell me that they say she is fine and that she misses everyone, but somehow I don't believe she misses me. I have tried calling her but she changed her number. I wonder if she has only given it to her parents. I could use my Alpha tone to find out how they talk to her, but I don't want her to be upset with me if I call. A knock on my door pulls me out of my depressing thoughts of the life we could have had together.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Alpha" said the person on the other side of the door.

"Come in."

"Alpha the trainer from Texas is here", my beta Julian said.

"Ok, I will be down in a moment."  Ever since she left, my pack has gotten weaker because I am no longer in the mood to try and train my warriors. Most just think I'm worried about Stacy's pregnancy but some have their suspicions about what happen.

I went to the living room area of the pack house and seen the trainer. He was being introduced to everyone by my beta.

“Hi I am Alpha Jason Garcia. I just want to thank you for agreeing to help.”

“Your welcome I could never turn down helping anyone in need.”

We talked for a few hours getting to know each other and planning out a new training schedule and patrolling times. I found out that his mate died a while back but he has found someone new who is helping him moved past it. He never really said her name but anyone could tell he really cared for this new person.